The ProtoShield mates with the Arduino Uno or Duemilanove board and gives you a small soldering area, two general LEDs, access to a BlueSMiRF socket, a general pushbutton switch, and the Arduino reset switch brought to the top level.
This comes in kit form; you must solder it together yourself. No assembly instructions are included. All soldering is through-hole (relatively easy) — just be sure to check your component orientation before soldering.
Arduino ProtoShield Kit Contents
The lower image shows what the ProtoShield looks like once it is assembled. Note that the headers included do not have the additional pins introduced in the Arduino R3 format.
- 1x Protoshield bare PCB
- 2x Stackable Headers, 6-pin
- 2x Stackable Headers, 8-pin
- 2x 5mm Basic Yellow LEDs
- 2x 330-Ohm Resistors
- 1x 10k Resistor
- 2x Momentary Push Buttons
- 2x 0.1uF Ceramic Capacitors
Arduino ProtoShield Kit Features
- All Arduino pins (R2) are brought to the top level
- 5V, GND, and Raw pins are exposed as well
- BlueSMiRF socket for wireless communication between Arduinos
- 2 general-use LEDs
- 1 general-use button
- Reset button brought to top level
Arduino ProtoShield Kit Resources
Optional Recommended Products for this Item