This PIC18F87J11 board has three iMod ports that can be used to add optional iMod communication modules.
The microcontroller has 128KBytes internal Flash and 3936 Bytes of internal SRAM. Additionally, this board has a 64KBit external EEPROM. It also has a 32MBit (4MByte) external FLASH, a 32KByte external SRAM, and a RTC with a Super Capacitor as battery.
iMod Modules are small boards that implement the physical communication interface for standards like RS232, RS485, 1-Wire, Ethernet and others. For currently available iMod Modules, see our iMod category. This board supports all iMod module widths; see the user manual for a diagram of the iMod port dimensions.
By making the board's communication interfaces modular, you can easily add up to three communication interfaces of your choice by selecting the appropriate iMod communication modules that you require for your application.
The SBC83I accepts a wide supply voltage from 4.5V to 30V (can be extended to 40V on request). It has a dual 3.3V and 5.0V power supply, making it easy to interface with both 3.3V and 5.0V devices. By default, the 5V supply is not used. If required (on daughter board for example), the supply voltage has to be from 7V to 30V. All chips on the board are 3.3V, but the microcontroller's I/O pins are 5.0V tolerant, allowing it to interface with 5.0V devices. The 3.3V power supply is a high-quality 500mA DC/DC Converter from National Semiconductor, with shielded Inductor and surge protected capacitors. Input Capacitors are high-quality, long-life, surge-protected types as recommended by National Semiconductor. A linear regulator is used for the 5.0V secondary supply.
For further details on the PIC18F87J11 microcontroller, download its datasheet from Microchip's web site.
PIC18F87J11 Board Features
- Microchip PIC18F87J11 microcontroller
- 128KB internal Flash memory for program and constant data
- 3936 Bytes of internal SRAM
- External 32MBit (4Mbytes) SPI FLASH
- External 32Kbyte SPI SRAM
- External 8Kbyte I2C EEPROM
- External RTC with 0.33F Super Capacitor, keeps time for over 1 week without power
- Very high quality assembly and components
- Primary 3.3V Switch Mode Regulator from National Semiconductor
- Secondary 5.0V Linear Regulator
- 2.5V 0.5% Accurate voltage reference for ADC converter
- Filtered analog supply to CPU for accurate analog measurements
- Three iMod ports for adding interfaces like RS-485, RS-232, 1-Wire and Ethernet
- Daughterboard connector with 48 pins for adding prototype board or LCD
- Two 14-pin IDC connectors with power and 8 I/O ports each
- MicroMaTch connector with SPI and I2C bus. This connector can be used to connect our serial LCD2S-series LCDs via a MicroMaTch ribbon cable
- Red System LED on PIC port RB6.
- Pin header with jumper that can be mounted in 3 positions: Park, "C" or "F". Software can determine what position jumper is in, and for example use "C" position to restore default configuration, and "F" position to update firmware via bootloader.
- 2.1mm power connector for standard DC transformer.
- Free fully-functional MPLAB C18 C compiler available from Microchip
- Wide operating voltage range from 4.5V to 30V
- Wide operating temperature of -25 to +70°C
Downloads Note: This board has a proprietary 2.0mm, 2x4 ICSP connector. To program this board with a PIC in-circuit programmer/debugger that has either the standard RJ12 (phone style) connector, or the 6-pin single-row ICSP connector (Olimex programmers), you will need the optional programming adapter listed below.
Optional Recommended Products for this Item
|PIC ICSP Adapter, 6-pin Single Row to RJ12 and 2mm 2x4 Header||+|| US$9.50|
|Ethernet-to-SPI 0.9" iMod Module, RJ45 Connector, PoE Circuit||+|| US$29.95|
|Prototyping Board 1.6" iMod Module, 8x 3.5mm Screw Terminals||+|| US$5.95|
|Ethernet Cable, CAT5E 350MHz Unshielded, 7ft.||+|| US$3.60|
|Ethernet Crossover Cable, CAT5E 350MHz Unshielded, 5ft.||+|| US$7.00|
|Power Supply 3-12V DC, U.S. plug, 6 connection tips||+|| US$10.00|
|Power Supply 3-12V DC, US/UK/Euro/AU Plugs, 100-240VAC||+|| US$10.90|