Note: This order page is for 5 pieces
The PoUSB12 is a USB to Serial (UART, TTL level) bridge converter which is simple, cost effective, very small and easy to use. It uses a USB-B type connector to connect to your PC and is based on the CP2102 Bridge from Silicon Labs.
It provides you with multi baud rate serial data and access to USB control signals in a convenient 8-pin 2.54 mm (0.1”) pitch package. The PoUSB12 is ideal for prototype or production.
The PoUSB12 makes an easy USB-Serial interface, so you can create USB to RS-232 converters, USB to RS-422/RS-485 converters, upgrade legacy RS232 devices, make PDA and cellphone USB interface cables, barcode readers, POS terminals, etc.
In any application, make sure the TX and RX lines from the PoUSB12 are crossed over to the attached peripheral. That is, the TX from the PoUSB12 connects to the RX of the target and the RX from the PoUSB12 connects to the TX of the target device.
USB to Serial Adapter Features
- USB 2.0 compliant Full Speed 12Mbps maximum speed; Suspend supported
- Xon/Xoff handshaking supported; 300bps to 1Mbps
- UART supports 5-8 bit data, 1-2 Stop bits, odd/even and no parity
- Integrated EEPROM with security lock for Vendor ID, product ID, serial and release number, power descriptor and product descriptor strings
- On-board 3.3V and 5V available
- Virtual COM port drivers allow operation with existing COM port applications
- Supports Windows (2000 and above), MAC (OSX-9 and above), Linux (2.4 kernel and above)
- Self powered or USB powered; -40 to +85 deg C temp range
- Small size; 17mm x 12mm x 15mm
Drivers, Software and Documentation
Optional Recommended Products for this Item