This dsPIC Base board is for use with the iCM4011 dsPIC MCU Module. The UIB-PC104 Base Board adds several user interfaces to an iCM4011 control module when you connect one to the UIB-PC104's main socket. These interfaces include a 16x2 alphanumeric LCD, a 122x32 graphic STN LCD with backlight, 12 pushbuttons, DB9 connector for access to RS232, RS485 or CAN interfaces, buzzer, 6 LEDs and 2 potentiometers.
Included with the board is a CD-ROM with various application examples and a PDF demo code manual that covers each of the code examples in detail. Sample code covers the following topics: Digital I/O, A-D Converter, UART, Timer, PWM, 16x2 LCD, Graphic LCD, Buzzer, CAN Transmit, CAN Receive, Sensor Monitoring, Sensor Display, Remote Display and Stopwatch.
Note: This board does not include an iCM4011 MCU module. Without MCU Module, the demo code can not run and you can not control/use the functions of this board. You can purchase this board together with an iCM4011 at a discount by ordering from the iCM4011 page and selecting this board as an add-on option.
The board has the following interfaces:
- Six LEDs
- 16x2 alphanumeric STN LCD with backlight
- 122x32 graphic STN LCD with backlight
- Two potentiometers
- Twelve push buttons
- One buzzer
- Male DB9 connector for access to RS232, RS485 or CAN interface
It also includes a set of connectors dedicated to multiple purposes and switches to select its operation mode.
You can plug the iCM4011 module (not included) onto the dsPIC Base board via the UIB-PC104 socket.
dsPIC Base board for iCM4011 Technical Specifications
- Operating range: 5-12V DC
- Max. supply voltage: 16V DC
- Max. supply current: 250mA
- Temperature range: 0 to 70 degrees C
- LED indicators: 2 red, 2 orange, 2 green
- Alphanumeric LCD with backlight: 16 characters x 2 rows, negative STN
- Graphic LCD with backlight: 122 x 32 pixels, positive STN
- Buzzer: 4kHz frequency resonant SPL 80dB at 30cm
- Analog potentiometers: 2
- Push buttons: 12
- Size: 90.17 x 95.88mm (PC/104)
- Weight: 68g
- Plug P1 (main power): Terminal screw
- Plug P2 (communication): DB9 male connector
- Main socket M1: iCM4011 pinout
- Connector J1 (expansion bus): PC/104 socket 40-way upside down
- Connector J2 (configuration): Switches
- Connector J3 (auxiliary connector): 2 pin, 2.54mm pitch
- Connector LCD1 (alphanumeric): 16 pin, 2.54mm pitch
- Connector LCD2 (graphic): 16 pin, 1.27 mm pitch
Download dsPIC Base board for iCM4011 Product Manual (PDF file; 807KB)