The BLC877A consists of the SBC44B fully assembled Single Board Computer with a 20MHz crystal and a PIC16F877A microcontroller. The PIC is programmed with the free bootloader from Microchip.
No special programming hardware is required to get your code working this board. All you'll need is a 9-pin serial port on your PC and a Sub-D female-female 9-pin cable.
- Connect the board to your computer via a Serial Null Modem Cable, DB9 F/F (sold separately).
- Download the zipped Bootloader PC software and unzip it to a folder on your computer.
- Start the PICbootPlus.exe program, and set for 56000 Baud and correct COM port.
- Load the target hex file you want to program the PIC with (click Search button).
- Click on the Write button and apply power to the board. The PIC will be programmed with the given hex file.
- After resetting the board, the new program will be executed.
Note: The Serial Null Modem Cable DB9 F/F is not included in this package, but is required to use the bootloader unless you make your own cable. This six-foot cable has a 9-pin Sub-D female connector on both sides. The cable connects to the Sub-D female connector on this PIC board. You may add the cable to your order using the option box below.
PIC16F877A Bootloader Board Features
The Micro-MaTch connector allows you to use this board to drive one of the LCD2S- Serial LCD displays found in our LCD Displays category. Multiple I2C devices can be daisy-chained together using the Micro-MaTch connector.
- 14.3 kBytes of Flash program memory
- 368 Bytes of SRAM
- 256 Bytes of EEPROM
- 5 MIPS instruction cycle -- 20MHz crystal
- 33 free I/O pins
- 8 Additional I/Os when assembling MCP23008 I/O expander. This gives a total of 39 I/O ports.
- 2 Analog comparators
- 2 PWM (CCP) modules
- SPI and I2C bus
- Two 8-bit timers and one 16-bit timer
- Brown Out Detection circuitry
- Watchdog timer
- Low-power modes
- CPU has built-in circuitry for in-circuit debugging
- RS232 interface available via a Sub-D 9-pin male connector. The null serial cable connects to this.
- Socket for optional I2C Serial EEPROM (such as Microchip 24LC256-I/P)
- Socket for optional RS485 or CAN BUS (such as Microchip MCP2551) interface driver chip
- Socket for optional I2C bus RTC (such as DS1307)
- Operating voltage from 7V to 30V
- Micro-MaTch socket with Power, I2C and SPI signals
- Power LED
- Daughter Board connectors for expansion capability.
- 5-pin terminal block with CAN BUS signals, ground and external power. Matching screw terminal connector included. Spare connectors are available.
- Micro-MaTch socket with Power, I2C and SPI signals.
Optional In-Circuit Serial Programming Adapters
PIC ICSP Board Connector to DIL Adapter Set, In-Circuit Programming Adapter Set for connecting this PIC board's ICSP connector to out-of-circuit PIC chip programmers with a DIP/ZIF socket.
PIC ICSP Adapter, 6-pin Single Row to RJ12 and 2mm 2x4 Header, In-Circuit Programming Adapter for connecting this PIC board's ICSP connector to the debuggers programmers with RJ12 jack or single row square post headers.
Optional Daughterboards and In-Circuit Debugging Connections This board features connectors for either attaching a daughterboard, or using this board as a daughterboard on a larger add-on board. For details on these options, see the description of the SBC44B board on which this product is based.
PIC16F877A Bootloader Board Resources
Optional Recommended Products for this Item
|DS485N RS422/485 Transceiver, 8 DIP||+|| US$2.82|
|24LC256-I/P Serial EEPROM, 8 DIP, 32k||+|| US$1.28|
|DS1307+ Real-Time Clock, 8 DIP||+|| US$4.23|
|MCP2551-I/P CAN Transceiver, 8 DIP||+|| US$2.50|
|PIC ICSP Adapter, 6-pin Single Row to RJ12 and 2mm 2x4 Header||+|| US$9.50|
|Power Supply 3-12V DC, U.S. plug, 6 connection tips||+|| US$11.00|
|Power Supply 3-12V DC, US/UK/Euro/AU Plugs, 100-240VAC||+|| US$13.00|
|Daughter Board: Prototyping Area for SBC44B||+|| US$5.90|
|Compact Daughter Board: 4-digit LED Display for PIC Boards||+|| US$15.00|
|Serial Null Modem Cable, 6ft., DB9 F/F||+|| US$7.00|