The BLC876A consists of the SBC28PC-IR2 fully assembled Single Board Computer with a 20MHz crystal and a PIC16F876A microcontroller. The PIC is programmed with the free bootloader from Microchip.
No special programming hardware is required to get your code working this board. All you'll need is a 9-pin serial port on your PC and a CAB3S6FT 3-to-9-pin serial cable.
- Connect the board to your computer via a CAB3S6FT serial cable (sold separately).
- Download the zipped Bootloader PC software and unzip it to a folder on your computer.
- Start the PICbootPlus.exe program, and set for 56000 Baud and correct COM port.
- Load the target hex file you want to program the PIC with (click Search button).
- Click on the Write button and apply power to the board. The PIC will be programmed with the given hex file.
- After resetting the board, the new program will be executed.
Note: The CAB3S6FT serial port cable is not included in this package, but is required to use the bootloader unless you make your own cable. This six-foot cable has a 9-pin Sub-D female connector on one side and a 3-pin Molex plug on the other. The cable connects to the 3-pin Molex connector on this PIC board. You may add the cable to your order using the option box below.
PIC16F876A Bootloader Board Features
The Micro-MaTch connector allows you to use this board to drive one of the LCD2S- Serial LCD displays found in our LCD Displays category. Multiple I2C devices can be daisy-chained together using the Micro-MaTch connector.
- 14.3 kBytes of Flash program memory
- 368 Bytes of SRAM
- 256 Bytes of EEPROM
- 5 MIPS instruction cycle -- 20MHz crystal
- 22 free I/O pins
- 5 Analog inputs with 10-bit accuracy
- 2 Analog comparators
- 2 PWM (CCP) modules
- SPI and I2C bus
- Two 8-bit timers and one 16-bit timer
- Brown Out Detection circuitry
- Watchdog timer
- Low-power modes
- CPU has built-in circuitry for in-circuit debugging
- 3-pin single line Molex connector with RS232 TX, RS232 RX and GND pins. The CAB3S6FT serial cable connects to this.
- Socket for optional CAN transceiver (such as Microchip MCP2551-I/P).
- Operating voltage from 7V to 30V
- 2.1mm power connector for standard DC transformer
- 6-pin Micro-MaTch socket with Power, I2C and SPI signals
- Power LED
- Compact Daughter Board connector and pads for a Frontend connector to add expansion capability. (Frontend connectors are not installed.)
- 5-pin 3.81mm terminal block (Phoenix) with RS232 (when CAN interface chip is removed) or CAN BUS signals, ground and external power. Matching screw terminal connector included. Spare connectors are available.
- The power pin on the 5-pin terminal block connector can be connected to the board's unregulated power supply (the input of the 2.1mm power connector) via a strap. This can be used to:
- Provide power for all other boards daisy chained to this one. For this to work this board must be powered via its 2.1mm power connector.
- Obtain power for this board. In this case no power has to be supplied via the 2.1mm power connector.
Build an Enclosed System Using the Compact Daughterboard connector, this RS232 and CAN board can be used as a control module for the Input-Output-Relay Board, which comes in a sturdy enclosure.
You also can make a fully enclosed system by connecting this board to the Add-on Prototyping Board with 10 I/O Ports or the Add-on Prototyping Board with 24 I/O Ports, each of which also comes in an enclosure.
Optional In-Circuit Serial Programming Adapters
PIC ICSP Board Connector to DIL Adapter Set, In-Circuit Programming Adapter Set for connecting this PIC board's ICSP connector to out-of-circuit PIC chip programmers with a DIP/ZIF socket.
PIC ICSP Adapter, 6-pin Single Row to RJ12 and 2mm 2x4 Header, In-Circuit Programming Adapter for connecting this PIC board's ICSP connector to the debuggers programmers with RJ12 jack or single row square post headers.
Optional Daughterboards and In-Circuit Debugging Connections This board features connectors for either attaching a daughterboard, or using this board as a daughterboard on a larger add-on board. It also features a 2x4-pin in-circuit programming header. For details on these options, see the description of the SBC28PC-IR2 board on which this product is based.
PIC16F876A Bootloader Board Resources
Optional Recommended Products for this Item
|PIC ICSP Adapter, 6-pin Single Row to RJ12 and 2mm 2x4 Header||+|| US$9.50|
|Power Supply 3-12V DC, U.S. plug, 6 connection tips||+|| US$11.00|
|Power Supply 3-12V DC, US/UK/Euro/AU Plugs, 100-240VAC||+|| US$13.00|
|Add-on: Prototype Board, 10-pin I/O, LEDs||+|| US$19.95|
|Add-on: Prototype Board, 24-pin I/O, LEDs||+|| US$22.60|
|Compact Daughter Board: 4-digit LED Display for PIC Boards||+|| US$15.00|
|Front-End: 2x In, 2x Out, 2x Relay for PIC Boards||+|| US$18.00|
|Front-End: 4x In, 2x Relay for PIC Boards||+|| US$14.95|
|Front-End: Male 9-pin Sub-D Connector for PIC Boards||+|| US$8.90|
|Serial Cable for PIC SBC Boards||+|| US$6.00|