This board is everything you need for getting started with PIC microcontroller programming. It has an on-board power supply voltage regulator circuit, microcontroller reset circuit, crystal oscillator circuit, LED, EEPROM memory, RS232 serial port interface, and a second RS232 port with built-in programmer, so you can program your microcontroller without taking it off the board. It also includes an in-circuit programming port which you can use to program PICs on other boards.
The picture to the right shows a PIC microcontroller installed, but one is not included.
Microchip PIC Programmer & Prototype Board Features
- DIL18 microcontroller socket
- ICSP connector and cable for programming other PICs in-circuit
- Voltage regulator 78L05 and filtering capacitors
- Crystal oscillator circuit 20MHz
- Red status LED
- I2C EEPROM (24LC08 or larger)
- Reset circuit
- Two RS232 DB9 connectors
- RS232 interface circuit
- RS232 serial port programming interface circuit
- 14 extension pin slots for RA0-RA3, RB0-RB7, TMR, MCLR
- Grid 100 mils
- GND bus
- Four mounting holes 3.3 mm (0.13")
- FR-4, 1.5 mm (0.062"), double side green soldermask, white silkscreen component mark
- Dimensions 61 x 76 mm (2.4 x 3.0") + 30 cm (12") ICSP cable
Note: This programmer must be used on a PC with an actual RS232 port. It will not work with a USB-RS232 adapter. Also, it may not work on low-power RS232 ports found on some laptops.
Optional Recommended Products for this Item