The Ronetix Flash Programmer is a solution that enables you to program on-board and on-chip Flash devices with ARM7, ARM9, ARM11, Cortex M0/M3/M4/A5/A8/A9, XScale, AVR32, PowerPC, Power Architecture, PowerQUICC II, PowerQUICC III, QorIQ, ColdFire, Blackfin, MIPS32/PIC32 and DaVinci processor cores via the JTAG/BDM port.
This version supports Intel/Marvell XScale cores only. Debugging support, and support for other cores, can be added. See below for expansion and upgrade options.
XScale In-Circuit Flash Programmer Features
- Supports XScale: PXA255, PXA270, PXA303, PXA320, IPX425, IPX460, IPX465.
- Multi Core support (with extra license); up to 4 Cores/Targets
- Automatic processor initialization on power-up and Reset
- RS232 serial interface for setup
- Ability to route the RS232 of the PEEDI to a TCP/IP port
- Download images from TFTP, FTP, HTTP server or MMC/SD card
- Telnet command-line interface
- Serial command-line interface
- Front panel interface: 2 buttons and 7-segment LED
- Can be used as Standalone Flash programmer without host — the file images are stored on MMC/SD card and controlled via front panel interface
- Up to 15 file images can be selected on the front panel
- Support of various chip vendors: AMD, Intel, Atmel, Toshiba, SST, SGS and others. The built-in Flash chip database contains information of more than 900 chips
- Support for devices with CFI (Common Flash Interface) as well as: SmartFusion A2F, ADuC7, SAM3, SAM4, AT32UC, AT91SAM7, AT91SAM9XE, EFM32, Kinetis, MAC7xxx, MAC1322x, MFC2xxx, MPC55xx, LPC2xxx, LPC29xx, LPC11xx, LPC17xx, TMS470, LM3S/Stellaris, PIC32, STM32, STR7, STR9, SD/MMC/eMMC
- Programming of Atmel AT45DB SPI DataFlash connected to an AT91 MCU or to an Analog Devices Blackfin MCU — enables the easy use of AT45DB SPI DataFlash as a boot device
- Programming of ST M25P, Spansion S25F and SST SST25 SPI Flash devices connected to a Analog Devices Blackfin MCU
- Programming of I2C EEPROMs — MCU independent
- Programming of FPGA/CPLD devices (JBC Player)
- NAND Flash programming — MCU independent, with software ECC as well as hardware ECC for: APM82xx, BF5xx, i.MX2x, i.MX3x, i.MX5x, MPC5125, MPC83xx, LPC3xxx, PXA320, DM64xx, DM3xx, OMAP L138, OMAP3, OMAP4, S5PC100
- OneNAND Flash programming — MCU independent
- NAND Flash JFFS2 and YAFFS2 support
- NOR Flash CFI support
- Supports Flash chip size over 2GB
- Auto Flash program after target power detect
- Multi Flash support — up 4 devices per core
- Unique serial number support
- Ideal for small and mid-range manufacturing
- Built-in speaker
- Warranty: Hardware 3 Years; Software 1 Year
List of supported Flash devices
- Clock: 2 kHz to 33 MHz (adaptive clocking); 35cm standard cable
- Target Voltage: 1.2V to 5V, autosensing
- Ethernet: 10/100 BaseT
- LEDs: Power, Target Power, Ethernet Status, Programming Status, 7-segment
- Power Supply: 5V, 1A with 6.9V overvoltage shutdown and reverse-polarity protection
- Robust aluminum case
- Dimensions: 115 × 105 × 34 mm
- Weight: 270 g
- I/O Ports: 2×10 Programming Header, RJ45 for RS232, 2.1mm Power Connector
- Buttons: Two on front panel, Reset on back panel
Support for Multiple Cores and Debugging You can add programming support for additional cores by purchasing the appropriate licenses:
SW-PGM-CORTEX (ARM Cortex M0/M3/M4, ARM Cortex A5/A8/A9)
SW-PGM-MPC5500 (Freescale Nexus)
SW-PGM-MPC8300 (Freescale Power QUICC II Pro, AMCC PowerPC)
SW-PGM-MPC8500 (Freescale PowerQUICC III and QorIQ P1/P2)
SW-PGM-QorIQP (Freescale QorIQ P3/P4/P5)
SW-PGM-COLDFIRE (Freescale ColdFire)
SW-PGM-BLACKFIN (ADI Blackfin)
SW-PGM-MIPS32 (Microchip PIC32, Infineon ADM5120, Atheros AR6001XL, Realtek RT3050)
SW-PGM-AVR32 (Atmel AVR32)
For GDB debugging support, instead purchase the PEEDI XScale JTAG In-Circuit Debugger for GDB and any additional core licenses you require which are listed on its order page.
If you already own this XScale Flash programmer, you can add GDB debugging support or add ADP/RDI debugging support.
XScale In-Circuit Flash Programmer Resources
Programming Adapter Cables By default, the XScale programmer unit comes with an adapter cable for the standard 20-pin ARM JTAG connection. If your board has the Intel/Marvell 10-pin JTAG interface, you can choose the alternative 10-pin cable using the Adapter option selector below. You can use the checkbox options if you want more than one adapter (e.g. if you'll be programming boards with different interfaces or you want an extra cable as a backup).
Firmware Maintenance The Ronetix Flash Programmer will allow you to update its firmware for one year. You can purchase an additional year using the option checkbox below. To purchase more than one year, you will be able to change the quantity of the Firmware Maintenance at the Shopping Cart screen when you click Buy.
Optional Recommended Products for this Item