The Keyfob Concept
The keyfob Mini-programmer is a very small, portable, battery powered programmer that can be used without error by unskilled users.
Once a keyfob Mini-programmer is loaded with a program file, EEPROM data file and/or device type and configuration information it is ready for use. The stored information is transferred with the press of a button to the device to be programmed
As all this information is stored in non-volatile memory, the keyfob Mini-programmer can be stored for long periods and used to program microcontrollers in-system continuously.
Each keyfob Mini-programmer is loaded from a PC via parallel port using the keyfob Mini-programmer starter kit. You only need one starter kit for as many keyfob Mini-programmers as you like.
If you want to change the programs or settings you are using, just plug the keyfob Mini-programmer back into the starter kit and load it with the new code and device information - this can be done hundreds of times.
Note: This starter kit requires a PC with a parallel port. There is a USB version available for newer PCs and operating systems.
Designing the Keyfob Mini-Programmer Into Your Product
To use a keyfob Mini-programmer to configure your product in the field or on the production line, you just need to add Kanda's industry standard 10-pin IDC box ISP header to your circuit.
64k Atmel AVR Keyfob Starter Kit This Starter Kit for Atmel AVR microcontrollers with up to 64kBytes program memory, contains all you need to get going with this unique programmer:
- Simple Wizard based software for loading Keyfob Mini-programmer with program/EEPROM code and lockbit settings
- PC Interface (Parallel Port), with 1 metre cable and programming connector
- 1 Keyfob Mini-Programmer, Dimensions:
- Metric- 45mm x 35mm x 15mm - 28g
- Imperial - 1.8 x 1.4 x 0.5 inches - 1 oz
- Spare 12V battery
Keyfob Programmer Benefits
- Upgrade firmware in the field without engineering visit
- No need for on location access to a PC
- Reduces user error to virtually zero
- No expensive programming hardware at each location.
- Address upgrade or customization problems before they happen - without lots of extra components, design hassles or layout problems.
- Simple plug-and-press operation
- Self powered
- Extremely portable
- A price that allows you to have one unit for each product or device profile.
All L, P and V variants are supported.
- AT90S1200, AT90S2313, AT90S2323, AT90S2343, AT90S4433, AT90S4414, AT90S8535, AT90S8515
- ATmega16, ATmega161, ATmega162, ATmega163, ATmega164, ATmega165, ATmega168, ATmega169
- ATmega32, ATmega323, ATmega324, ATmega325, ATmega3250, ATmega329, ATmega3290
- ATmega48, ATmega88, ATmega8, ATmega8515, ATmega8535
- ATmega64, ATmega644, ATmega645, ATmega6450, ATmega649, ATmega6490, ATmega640
- 64KB only: ATmega103, ATmega128, ATmega1280, ATmega1281
- ATtiny15, ATtiny22, ATtiny26, ATtiny261, ATtiny461, ATtiny861
- ATtiny13, ATtiny2313, ATtiny25, ATtiny45, ATtiny85, ATtiny24, ATtiny44, ATtiny84
- 64KB only: AT90CAN128
- AT90PWM2/3, AT90CAN32, AT90CAN64
- AT90USB646, AT90USB1246
Not supported: ATmega2560, ATmega2561. For support of these and full support of the 128K devices, use the 256K Hand-Held AVR Programmer Starter Kit instead.
Ships from: UK
Leadtime: In Stock
|Number of Keyfob Programmers:||