The DS203 is an Ethernet to Serial (RS232) Bridge Device Server with Enclosure for standalone use. The device hardware includes one 10/100BaseT Ethernet port, one RS232 serial port and an internal processor that "glues" the network and serial sides together. Use the DS203 to network-enable nearly any serial device or system.
- Stylish and very compact, external dimensions only 60 × 47 × 30 mm
- Extended power supply range: 10-25V DC, 400mA (12V nominal)
- One 10/100BaseT Ethernet port, auto-MDIX
- One RS232 serial port (TX, RX, RTS, CTS, DTR, DSR)
- Four LEDs display status information (two on top of device; two on RJ45 jack)
- Internal firmware is upgradeable through the serial port or network
- CE and FCC approved
Fixed Firmware Features
- Full- and half-duplex serial port modes
- Server, client, and server/client network (routing) modes
- RTS, CTS, DTR, and DSR lines can be used as remotely controlled I/O
- Extended 16KByte internal routing buffers (8K per direction)
- On-board EEPROM stores numerous user-definable functioning parameters
- Setup configuration through the serial port or network (over-the-network IP-address configuration is also supported). Network setup can be performed using UDP commands or Telnet TCP connection
- Specialized "on-the-fly" commands for serial port control, "modem" commands to control network connections, status commands for remote status monitoring, etc.
- Direct control of ADSL modems
- Supported network protocols include UDP, TCP, ARP, ICMP (ping), DHCP, PPPoE, LCP
- Works with Tibbo Device Server Toolkit (TDST) for Windows, including Virtual Serial Port Driver (VSPD) (COM redirector)
- Linux version of the VSPD is also available
Programmable Firmware Features
(Tibbo Operating System)
- Code your applications in Tibbo BASIC and/or Tibbo C
- Comprehensive development environment with seamless cross-debugging (TIDE — Tibbo IDE)
- Absolute flexibility — the DS203 can be used not just as Device Server, but can serve many other functions
(Programmable Network Controller)
- Integrated web server (HTTP) — create a web front-end for your device
- High-level objects, such as sock for socket communications and ser for serial port control, simplify your code and allow you to create a data-transport application with just a few lines of code
View the TIDE, TiOS, Tibbo BASIC and Tibbo C Online Manual.
View Tibbo BASIC Introduction Videos.
View a video of the Tibbo Connection Wizard showing how to create a Virtual Serial Port and link it with the Device Server.
Note: This unit requires a power supply, which is not included. A suitable power supply can be selected as an add-on option from the bottom of this page. The DS203 power connector is a coax/barrel type of connector with 3.5mm outer and 1.35mm inner diameter. The center pin is positive, outer contact is GND.
If you want to get one of the DB9-to-Terminal adapters shown in the options below, the normal version (as opposed to inverted) is recommended as it will make the terminal connections face up and be more easily accessible.
Optional Recommended Products for this Item
|Ethernet Cable, CAT5E 350MHz Unshielded, 7ft.||+|| US$3.60|
|Ethernet Crossover Cable, CAT5E 350MHz Unshielded, 5ft.||+|| US$7.00|
|Serial Cable, 6ft., DB9 M/F||+|| US$6.00|
|Serial Null Modem Cable, 6ft., DB9 F/F||+|| US$7.00|
|Power Supply, 12V DC, 0.5A, 3.5x1.35mm, center pos., 100-240V AC||+|| US$15.00|
|DIN Rail / Wall Mounting Kit for Tibbo DS100/DS203/DS120x||+|| US$1.00|
|DIN Rail Mounting Kit for Tibbo Device Servers||+|| US$1.00|
|DB9F to Screwless Terminal Adapter||+|| US$6.00|
|DB9F to Screwless Terminal Adapter, Inverted||+|| US$6.00|