Analog Circuit Design: Mixed A/D Circuit Design, Sensor Interface Circuits and Communication Circuits concentrates on three topics:
- Mixed analog/digital circuit design
- Sensor interface circuits
- Communication circuits
The book comprises six papers on each topic of a tutorial nature aimed at improving the design of analog circuits. The book is divided into three parts:
- Part I "Mixed Analog/Digital Circuit Design" considers the largest growth area in microelectronics. Both standard designs and ASICs have begun integrating analog cells and digital sections on the same chip. The papers cover topics such as groundbounce and supply-line spikes, design methodologies for high-level design and actual mixed analog/digital designs.
- Part II "Sensor Interface Circuits" describes various types of signal conditioning circuits and interfaces for sensors. These include interface solutions for capacitive sensors, sigma/delta modulation used to combine a microprocessor compatible interface with on chip CMOS sensors, injectable sensors and responders, signal conditioning circuits and sensors combined with indirect converters.
- Part III "Communication Circuits" concentrates on systems and implemented circuits for use in personal communication systems. These have applications in cordless telephones and mobile telephone systems for use in cellular networks. A major requirement for these systems is low power consumption, especially when operating in standby mode, so as to maximize the time between battery recharges.
Hardcover, 332 pages