The DS485 is a low-power transceiver for RS-485 and RS- 422 communication. The device contains one driver and one receiver. The driver's slew rate allows for operation up to 2.5 Mbps.
The transceiver draws 200 µA of supply current when unloaded or fully loaded with the driver disabled, and operates from a single +5V supply.
The driver is short-circuit current limited and is protected against excessive power dissipation by thermal shutdown circuitry that places the driver outputs into TRI-STATE (High Impedance state) under fault conditions. The driver guarantees a minimum of 1.5V differential output voltage with maximum loading across the common mode range (V OD3).
The receiver has a failsafe feature that guarantees a logic-high output if the input is open circuit.
National Semiconductor DS485N RS422/485 Transceiver Features
- Meets TIA/EIA RS-485 multipoint standard
- Guaranteed full load output voltage (V OD3)
- Low quiescent current: 200 µA typical
- −7V to +12V common-mode input voltage range
- TRI-STATE outputs on driver and receiver
- AC performance:
- Driver transition time: 25 ns typical
- Driver propagation delay: 40 ns typical
- Driver skew: 1 ns typical
- Receiver propagation delay: 200 ns typical
- Receiver skew: 20 ns typical
- Half-duplex flow through pinout
- Operates from a single 5V supply
- Allows up to 32 transceivers on the bus
- Current-limiting and thermal shutdown for driver overload protection
- Temperature range: 0°C to +70°C
- Pin and function compatible with MAX485 and LTC485
Please contact us for volume discount on orders of more than 50 pieces.
Ships from: USA
Leadtime: In stock