The "Ethernut Board" is a small and inexpensive Ethernet Module that allows you to easily add 10/100BaseT network capability to your applications.
The hardware, as well as the preloaded OS and TCP/IP stack are open source and may be used within non-commercial and commercial, open- and closed-source projects without fee or royalties.
The Ethernut Board is also available as part of the 10/100Mbps Ethernut Starter Kit, which includes manuals, source code, Linux/Windows GNU tool chain on CD-ROM, in-system programmer and cables. The product featured on this page is the board only.
Ethernut Board Features In a board area of only 80mm x 100mm (3.15" x 3.94") you get a complete embedded Ethernet - TCP/IP solution and a web server. The hardware design includes a small board, which is equipped with an Atmel ATmega128 CPU and a SMC LAN91C111 Ethernet Controller. Its expansion connector allows easy attachment of add-on boards such as the Medianut Add-On.
- Preloaded with Nut/OS and Nut/Net TCP/IP stack
- IEEE registered individual MAC address
- RJ-45 connector for 10/100BaseT full-duplex Ethernet
- Power supply connector: 9-12V DC
- 9-pin Sub-D connector for RS232C serial port
- 64-pin extension port with 8-bit data bus, 16-bit address bus, three programmable 8-bit I/O ports and power supply.
- AVR JTAG connector (top view on target board) for in-circuit programming and debugging with AVR JTAG In-Circuit Debugger & Programmer
- Reset button and low voltage protection.
- Status LEDs for power, programming, Ethernet link and Ethernet activity.
- Atmel ATmega128 8-bit AVR RISC microcontroller with 128K Bytes Flash, 4K Bytes EEPROM and 512K Bytes external RAM with banking logic in CPLD.
- Selectable 512K Byte serial data flash AT45DB041.
- MIC2775 reset controller.
- 20-pin female header with 8-channel 10-bit analog inputs.
- Screw terminal with RS485 interface.
Ethernut Firmware The preloaded AVR firmware is an Open Source implementation of a Real Time Operating System called Nut/OS and a TCP/IP protocol suite named Nut/Net.
Ethernut Application Development
A well documented API and more than 100 kByte free program space and 20 kByte free data memory are available to easily implement custom applications. The source code is written almost entirely in C and available as part of the 10/100Mbps Ethernut Starter Kit. The software licence allows its royalty-free use in Open- and Closed-Source Projects.
You can choose between two different development environments: the freely available GNU AVR Compiler Collection for Linux and Windows and the commercial ImageCraft AVR Compiler for Windows.
Download User's Manual (PDF file, 1.3MB)
Ships from: USA
Leadtime: In stock
Contact us for volume discounts on orders for more than 10 boards.
Optional Recommended Products for this Item