The Ethernut V3.1 is a webserver board with an ARM7 CPU, which offers at least 10 times the performance of its predecessors. The on-board memory of 256 kByte RAM, 4 MByte NOR FLASH and 4MBytes serial dataFlash are expandable via the MMC socket. Additional features are 100 MBit Ethernet, RS232 with full modem handshake, realtime clock with capacitor backup and a flexible power supply with two switching regulators.
The hardware and the preloaded OS and TCP/IP stack are open source and may be used within non-commercial and commercial, open- and closed-source projects without fee or royalties.
ARM7 Ethernet & Web Server Board Features
Note: The Ethernut 3.1 board has a unique 10-pin JTAG interface, whereas most ARM JTAG Debuggers have a 20-pin connection. You will need to build your own cable if you want to debug using JTAG, or purchase the Starter Kit which includes a compatible debugger.
- AT91R40008 ARM7TDMI CPU running at 73.728 MHz
- 256 kByte RAM with 32-bit Data Path
- 4 MByte NOR Flash Memory with four Boot Options
- 4 MByte Serial Data Flash
- Solder pads for Configuration EEPROM
- CPLD with 144 Macrocells
- Programmable Clock Generator
- Real-Time Clock with SuperCap Backup
- 10/100 MBit Ethernet Interface
- Unique MAC address
- RS232 Interface with Full Modem Handshake
- Multimedia/SD Card Socket
- FFC Connector for optional LCD/Keyboard Panel
- Ethernut 1/2 compatible Expansion Port (3.3V only)
- Switching Voltage Regulator for 9-25V Input
Ethernut Software The well documented software is an Open-Source implementation of a Real Time Operating System called Nut/OS, and a TCP/IP protocol suite named Nut/Net.
Several application examples are provided, including an embedded Webserver, a simple RS232-to-TCP/IP gateway, and an Internet Radio playing MP3 streams.
Ethernut Application Development A well documented API and plenty of free program space and free data memory are available to implement custom applications easily. The source code is written almost entirely in C and included on CD-ROM. The software license allows its royalty-free use in Open- and Closed-Source Projects.
In addition you will need (not included):
- Power Supply: 5-24V DC, 300mA
- RJ45 twisted pair Ethernet cable to connect the Ethernut board to your network
- Pentium class PC running Windows or Linux O/S
Ethernut 3.1 Resources
Optional Recommended Products for this Item
|Power Supply 3-12V DC, U.S. plug, 6 connection tips||+|| US$10.00|
|Power Supply 3-12V DC, US/UK/Euro/AU Plugs, 100-240VAC||+|| US$10.90|
|Ethernet Cable, CAT5E 350MHz Unshielded, 7ft.||+|| US$3.60|
|Ethernet Crossover Cable, CAT5E 350MHz Unshielded, 5ft.||+|| US$7.00|
|Serial Cable, 6ft., DB9 M/F||+|| US$6.00|