The "Ethernut" Ethernet starter kit is your best choice for hassle-free access to embedded Ethernet technology.
The kit features a small and inexpensive Ethernet Module that allows you to easily add 10/100BaseT network capability to your applications.
The hardware and the preloaded OS and TCP/IP stack are open source and may be used within non-commercial and commercial, open- and closed-source projects without fee or royalties.
Version 3.1 is the first Ethernut board with an ARM7 CPU, which offers at least 10 times the performance of its predecessors. The on-board memory of 256 kByte RAM, 4 MByte NOR FLASH and 4MByte serial DataFlash are expandable via the MMC socket. Additional features are 100 MBit Ethernet, RS232 with full modem handshake, realtime clock with capacitor backup and a flexible power supply with two switching regulators.
ARM7 Ethernet Starter Kit Features
Note: The Ethernut 3.1 kit includes a JTAG adapter for programming the AT91 CPU on the board. The adapter plugs into a PC's USB port or DB9 PC serial port. Use of your own ARM JTAG device is possible, but you would have to build a custom cable as the Ethernut 3.0 board has a unique 10-pin JTAG interface.
- AT91R40008 ARM7TDMI CPU running at 73.728 MHz
- 256 kByte RAM with 32-bit Data Path
- 4 MByte NOR Flash Memory with four Boot Options
- 4 MByte serial DataFlash Memory
- Solderpads for Configuration EEPROM
- CPLD with 144 Macrocells
- Programmable Clock Generator
- Real-Time Clock with SuperCap Backup
- 10/100 MBit Ethernet Interface
- Unique MAC address
- RS232 Interface with Full Modem Handshake
- Multimedia/SD Card Socket
- FFC Connector for optional LCD/Keyboard Panel
- Ethernut 1/2 compatible Expansion Port (3.3V only)
- Switching Voltage Regulator for 9-25V Input
Ethernut Software The well documented software is an Open-Source implementation of a Real Time Operating System called Nut/OS, and a TCP/IP protocol suite named Nut/Net.
Several application examples are provided, including an embedded Webserver, a simple RS232-to-TCP/IP gateway, and an Internet Radio playing MP3 streams.
Ethernut Application Development A well documented API and plenty of free program space and free data memory are available to implement custom applications easily. The source code is written almost entirely in C and included on CD-ROM. The software license allows its royalty-free use in Open- and Closed-Source Projects.
ARM7 Ethernet Starter Kit Contents
- Ethernut board version 3.1, preloaded with Nut/OS and Nut/Net TCP/IP stack
- Turtelizer 2 JTAG programmer for connection to PC USB or serial port
- RS232 serial cable
- Printed User Manual
- CD-ROM with complete source code and binaries, technical manuals and GNU tool chain for Windows and Linux
- IEEE registered individual MAC address
In addition you will need (not included):
- Power Supply: 5-24V DC, 300mA
- RJ45 twisted pair Ethernet cable to connect the Ethernut board to your network
- Pentium class PC running Windows or Linux O/S
- USB cable if your PC doesn't have a DB9 RS232 port
Ethernut 3.1 Resources
Optional Recommended Products for this Item
|Ethernet Cable, CAT5E 350MHz Unshielded, 7ft.||+|| US$3.60|
|Ethernet Crossover Cable, CAT5E 350MHz Unshielded, 5ft.||+|| US$7.00|
|Power Supply 3-12V DC, U.S. plug, 6 connection tips||+|| US$11.00|
|Power Supply 3-12V DC, US/UK/Euro/AU Plugs, 100-240VAC||+|| US$13.00|
|USB 2.0 Cable, 6ft., A-Male / B-Male||+|| US$6.00|
|Ethernut I/O Expansion Board: 8 Isolated I/O, Solid-State Relays||+|| US$142.00|