The Wellon GP400 universal programmer supports over 38,700 devices, including PIC microcontrollers, EEPROMs, dsPIC, AVR and other microcontrollers like AT89, plus PLDs and Flash memory. It includes a power supply, and a USB cable for connection to your PC.
View Supported Devices List
The Standalone mode is ideal for production environments not only because it doesn't require any technical skill to use, but for its security features. You can set up a passkey sequence that must be entered to begin programming, and can set it to require a passkey sequence after a set number of successful programming operations. This ensures against technological espionage, as you can keep track of exactly how many parts were programmed versus how many you have in production.
The programmer is designed using state-of-art hardware architecture with on-board high-speed CPU, RTOS, FPGA, CPLD and high-quality universal pin-drivers. The universal pin-drivers can route programmable precision voltage signals, GND and CLK to any pin. An FPGA provides full I/O signals (level programmable from 1.5V to 5V) to up to 48 pins. This makes the programmer truly universal: Both current and future 5V and low-voltage devices are supported. Different devices in the same package share one adapter. For example, the only QFP44 adapter (WL-TQFP44-U1) supports all MCUs, PLDs and memory. All DIL devices are supported directly with the standard ZIF48 socket.
Manufacturer-approved algorithms, precision and clean signals promise high programming yield. Algorithm waveform is generated by hardware offering 0.01V programming voltage resolution and 1-microsecond timing resolution. Special design was made to eliminate overshoot and ground bounce. Algorithms are performed with state-machine architecture constructed with an FPGA to achieve an ultra-high programming speed.
Insertion and continuity check are performed before programming to protect devices from damage due to operator error. Over-current and over-voltage protection is enacted to each pin to protect the programmer hardware from damage due to bad chip short circuit and ESD.
Universal Programmer Features
Note: To run on a 64-bit version of Windows Vista or Windows 7, you must set Disable Driver Signature Enforcement in your Advanced Boot Options.
- Dimensions: 219 × 169 × 34 mm
- Weight: 580g (1.28 lbs)
- 48-pin ZIF socket with universal pin drivers
- USB2.0 interface for PC-hosted operation
- Blue LCD screen and keypad for standalone operation (display in English or Chinese)
- Project file can be stored internally, so you don't need to reconnect a PC each time
- Passkey sequence can be set for project files and production volume control
- Accepts standard file formats: JEDEC, INTEL (Extended) HEX, HOLTEK, EMC(.CDS), INTEL HEX16, Motorola S record
- Accepts most compiler outputs in JEDEC format including ABEL, CUPL, PALASM, TANGO PLD, OrCAD PLD, PLD Designer and ISDATA
- Manages 16- and 32-bit word split (Set Programming)
- Features Test Vector capability and multi-array fuse map editor
- Test TTL/CMOS logic ICs and Dynamic/Static Random Access Memory devices
- Optimum programming for each individual device
- Automatically identifies TTL/CMOS logic IC
- Automatically identifies the manufacturer and type of E(E)PROMs
- Supports 1.5V Low-Voltage devices
- Device insertion and poor-pin-contact check
- Adapters are not needed for DIL devices
- Universal DIP, PLCC, QFP, TSOP, PSOP, SOIC, SSOP, SDIP adapters available (up to 400 pins)
- Auto-run mode starts programming automatically on detection of chip insertion
- Supports Windows XP/Vista/7/8 (32-bit and 64-bit)
- Supports several languages: English, Simplified Chinese, Traditional Chinese, Korean, Polish, Italian, Portuguese, Dutch, Turkish, Hungarian
Example Programming Speeds
- P89c58: 1.9 seconds
- 29F040: 11.7 seconds
- K9F2808U0A: 99 seconds
- MX25L3205: 42 seconds
Universal Programmer Software The software is comprehensive, with lots of features that make it ideal for both production and development, such as auto-count, batch command, and start-upon-insertion.
- SELECT device includes package information, adapter type, part number, description etc.
- LOAD file supports checksums, comprehensive file formats and address location
- Flexible verify options, including VCC±10%
- Blank Check, Erase, Program, Verify, Auto Program, Buffer Edit and much more
- Serial numbers and statistics
The programming software also allows you to modify the parameters of a programming algorithm, so that you can program devices that aren't yet supported, if you know their correct parameters.
The programming software can be downloaded for Windows (XP/Vista/7/8/10, both 32-bit and 64-bit).
Download User Manual for Wellon Programmers
Device support PROM: N/CMOS E(E)PROM, Serial E(E)PROM, and FLASH Memory
PLD: CPLD, EPLD, GAL, PEEL, PALCE and more
Microcontroller: Atmel, Intel, Microchip, Signetics, Zilog, etc.
IC TEST: TTL (74 series), CMOS (40/45 series) Logic IC, DRAM (4164, 41464 ...), SRAM (2114, 6116 ...) memory device
The Supported Devices List also includes information for socket adapters required for different packages.
Wellon Package Adapters are available separately.