PC-Independent (Standalone) Universal 4x Gang Programmer with 8-bit/16-bit ROM/FLASH emulator, Logic Analyzer and Pattern Generator Options
The Uprog Portable Gang 4x is a universal and extremely fast device programmer. It supports both in-circuit and out-of-circuit programming. Thanks to a USB 2.0 interface and specialized microprocessor, this universal gang programmer achieves short programming times that are close to the chip vendors' maximum ratings.
Uprog programmers support Flash memories (typical and NAND), EPROMs, EEPROMs, serial EEPROMs, microcontrollers, and PLDs/CPLDs. All software updates are free of charge. View Current List of Supported Devices.
This unit is more than just a universal chip programmer. Through optional software licenses, the Uprog also can be used as an 8-bit or 16-bit ROM and FLASH memory emulator, or a Logic Analyzer and Digital Pattern Generator. The programmer ships with a standard 128kBytes of internal memory, but can be upgraded to up 512kBytes (see add-on options below).
The programmer consists of four independent programming modules. Each programming module has 48 fully universal and configurable pin drivers, which allows you to use your existing collection of chip programming adapters.
A wide range of supply and programming voltages ensures that future low-voltage devices will be supported.
The four fully independent programming modules further increase the efficiency of the programmer: Each module can start the programming process independent of the status of the other programming modules (concurrent, asynchronous programming) as soon as a chip is inserted. Each module also provides an in-circuit programming connector.
The Gang programmer features a Compact Flash (CF) card memory interface. By loading your file to be programmed on a CF card and inserting it into the programmer, the Gang programmer can be operated completely independent of a PC. Of course, PC-based operation is possible too.
The included PC programming software supports Windows versions 2000 and higher. The software can support multiple Uprog Gang programmers connected to a single PC.
Standalone Universal 4x Gang Programmer Features
- Two operation modes: stand-alone and standard PC-hosted
- Four independent programming modules in one case
- USB interface — USB 2.0 (HighSpeed and FullSpeed) and USB 1.1 compatible
- LCD display and keyboard
- Specialized FPGA-based microprocessor (20 ns cycle)
- Programming times close to chip vendors' maximum ratings
- Four in-circuit programming connectors (ICP)
- 4x48-pin universal, independent pin drivers which can provide VPP: 0-30V, VCC: 0.8 - 8V, CLK: ~360Hz-24MHz and GND
- No adapter required for DIL devices
- Compact Flash card as data depository
- Devices supported: EPROM, EEPROM, Flash, SPLD, CPLD, microcontrollers
- Adapter Creator feature allows use of programming adapters from different providers
- Pin contact check feature
- Test of digital ICs
- 8-bit EPROM/Flash emulator (option)
- 16-bit EPROM/Flash emulator (option)
- Ulogic: Uprog-based logic analyzer with pattern generator feature (option)
- Multi-color status LEDs: power, busy, error, good
- Banana jack on the case for grounding purpose and ESD protection
- Software for Windows 2000/XP/Vista/Win7 supports many independent programmers simultaneously
Sample programming times
* - Programming algorithm contains verification (P+V)
|Device ||Size ||Program ||Read, Verify|
|K9F1G08U0A ||1Gbit ||95s ||85s |
|M29W800DB ||8Mbit ||11s (P+V)* ||2s |
|AM29F040B ||4Mbit ||12s (P+V)* ||2s |
|AT25F4096 ||4Mbit ||16s ||2s |
|29DL64DF ||64Mbit ||58s (P+V)* ||8.5s |
Programming times may be longer when operating in stand-alone mode.
In-Circuit Programming Connector (ICP)
The Uprog Portable Gang programmer has a built-in interface for in-circuit programming, which allows you to program chips via SPI, I2C, BDM, JTAG, 1 WIRE, 3 WIRE and other interfaces. The serial programming interface was designed to achieve maximum data speed transfers and to allow signal voltage level adjustment for any technology.
In-Circuit Programming Connection Features:
- Adjustable voltage levels (1.2V - 5V)
- Fast data transfers
- Flexible connection between programmer and programmed device
- ICP Interface supports VPP, VCC, GND, CLK, and 6 universal IO pins.
ICP also supports the pin-check feature, which monitors the signal connection to the chip to assure proper contact.
Adapter Creator Feature
Adapter Creator allows you to use many programming adapters from different providers. You can scan the pin connections of an adapter, save it to file and then use it with selected devices.
Pin Checking Feature
Uprog programmers always check if all chip pins make good contact to the programming socket before the start of programming. You can easily see if you inserted a chip incorrectly; pins which have poor contact are shown with red labels in the PC programming software. Checking for proper insertion and good pin contact virtually eliminates any incorrectly programmed or damaged chips.
Optional 8-bit EPROM Emulator Through an additional software license (see add-on options below) you can upgrade Uprog programmers to an 8-bit ROM, EPROM and FLASH memory emulator. A DIP emulation cable is included with this upgrade. Be sure to purchase the 512KB Memory Upgrade option as well if you want to emulate sizes over 128KB.
Optional 16-bit EPROM / Flash Emulator Through an additional software license (see add-on options below) you can upgrade Uprog programmers to an 16-bit ROM, EPROM and FLASH memory emulator. A DIP emulation cable is included with this upgrade. Be sure to purchase the 512KB Memory Upgrade option as well if you want to emulate sizes over 128KB.
Optional Ulogic — Digital Signal Analyzer and Pattern Generator
Through an additional software license (see add-on options below) you can upgrade Uprog to a 16-channel, 200MHz Logic Analyzer and 16-channel digital pattern generator. A small adapter board that plugs into a programming socket and connects with 16 test probes is included with this upgrade. Combine this option with the 512KB Memory Upgrade option to increase the amount of data you can capture.
- uProg Portable Gang 4x Programmer
- CD-ROM with software
- CompactFlash cards (4x 1GB)
- In-circuit programming cable (4 units)
- USB cable
- Power supply
Lead time: 1 week
Optional Recommended Products for this Item