The Wellon VP-998 universal programmer supports over 94,000 devices, including PIC microcontrollers, EEPROMs, dsPIC, AVR and other microcontrollers like AT89, plus PLDs and Flash memory. It also includes an ISP adapter (WL-ISP-U1) for programming devices in-circuit, and a USB cable for connection to your PC.
View Supported Devices List
The programmer is designed using state-of-art hardware architecture with on-board high-speed CPU, RTOS, FPGA, CPLD and high-quality universal pin-drivers. The universal pin-drivers can route programmable precision voltage signals, GND and CLK to any pin. An FPGA provides full I/O signals (level programmable from 1.5V to 5V) to up to 48 pins. This makes the programmer truly universal: Both current and future 5V and low-voltage devices are supported. Different devices in the same package share one adapter. For example, the only QFP44 adapter (WL-TQFP44-U1) supports all MCUs, PLDs and memory. All DIL devices are supported directly with the standard ZIF48 socket.
Manufacturer-approved algorithms, precision and clean signals promise high programming yield. Algorithm waveform is generated by hardware offering 0.01V programming voltage resolution and 1-microsecond timing resolution. Special design was made to eliminate overshoot and ground bounce. Algorithms are performed with state-machine architecture constructed with an FPGA to achieve an ultra-high programming speed.
Insertion and continuity check are performed before programming to protect devices from damage due to operator error. Over-current and over-voltage protection is enacted to each pin to protect the programmer hardware from damage due to bad chip short circuit and ESD.
Universal Programmer Features
Note: To run on a 64-bit version of Windows, you must set Disable Driver Signature Enforcement in your Advanced Boot Options.
- Dimensions: 168 x 180 x 32mm mm
- Weight: 450g
- 48-pin ZIF socket with universal pin drivers
- USB2.0 interface to laptop or PC
- Accepts standard file formats: JEDEC, INTEL (Extended) HEX, HOLTEK, EMC(.CDS), INTEL HEX16, Motorola S record
- Accepts most compiler outputs in JEDEC format including ABEL, CUPL, PALASM, TANGO PLD, OrCAD PLD, PLD Designer and ISDATA
- Manages 16- and 32-bit word split (Set Programming)
- Features Test Vector capability and multi-array fuse map editor
- Test TTL/CMOS logic ICs and Dynamic/Static Random Access Memory devices
- Optimum programming for each individual device
- Automatically identifies TTL/CMOS logic IC
- Automatically identifies the manufacturer and type of E(E)PROMs
- Supports 1.5V Low-Voltage devices
- Device insertion and poor-pin-contact check
- Adapters are not needed for DIL devices
- Universal DIP, PLCC, QFP, TSOP, PSOP, SOIC, SSOP, SDIP adapters available (up to 400 pins)
- Auto-run mode starts programming automatically on detection of chip insertion
- Supports Windows XP/Vista/7/8/10 (32-bit and 64-bit)
- Supports eight languages: English, Simplified Chinese, Traditional Chinese, Korean, Polish, Italian, Portuguese, Dutch, Turkish, Hungarian
Example Programming Speeds
- P89c58: 1.9 seconds
- 29F040: 11.7 seconds
- K9F2808U0A: 99 seconds
- MX25L3205: 42 seconds
Universal Programmer Software The software is comprehensive, with lots of features that make it ideal for both production and development, such as auto-count, batch command, and start-upon-insertion.
- SELECT device includes package information, adapter type, part number, description etc.
- LOAD file supports checksums, comprehensive file formats and address location
- Flexible verify options, including VCC+/-10%
- Blank check, Erase, Program, Verify, Auto Program, Buffer Edit and much more
- Serial numbers and statistics
The programming software also allows you to modify the parameters of a programming algorithm, so that you can program devices that aren't yet supported, if you know their correct parameters.
The programming software can be downloaded for Windows(XP/Vista/7/8/10, both 32-bit and 64-bit).
Download Wellon Programmer User Manual
Device support PROM: N/CMOS E(E)PROM, Serial E(E)PROM, and FLASH Memory
PLD: CPLD, EPLD, GAL, PEEL, PALCE and more
Microcontroller: Atmel, Intel, Microchip, Signetics, Zilog, etc.
IC TEST: TTL (74 series), CMOS (40/45 series) Logic IC, DRAM (4164, 41464 ...), SRAM (2114, 6116 ...) memory device
The Supported Devices List also includes information for socket adapters required for different packages. The programmer package includes a WL-ISP-U1 ISP adapter for in-circuit programming.
Wellon Package Adapters are available separately.