USB ISP for serial EEPROMs; ideal for copying devices Supports 24, 25 and 93 series from all manufacturers Free DLL with examples and command-line software Comes with 6-way flying lead for target connection Also supports Atmel AT17LV/F FPGA configuration EEPROMs (Atmel approved)
This is a USB In-System Programmer for 24C, 25C and 93C serial EEPROM devices from any manufacturer including Xicor, Catalyst, ST, Atmel and Microchip. It also supports Atmel AT17LVxxx and AT17Fxxx FPGA configurators. This programmer is ideal for QA, product configuration, TV repair, design debugging and much more. It connects to your PC via USB.
A free DLL package is available with examples in VB, Delphi and C++. Console/command-line version also is included.
Serial EEPROM Programmer Features
- PC interface: USB dongle with 1-meter ribbon cable
- PC software runs on Windows 2000, Me, XP, Vista, 7, 8, and 10 — both 32-bit and 64-bit
- 3.3V or 5V operation
- Microcontroller Reset: Controllable MCU Reset line to isolate microcontrollers in system
- Auto-detect file load automatically detects file type: Binary, Intel Hex, Motorola, BST, MCS, etc.
- Editable buffer for data display in Hex or ASCII
- Auto Program feature gives one-key press for multiple operations such as erase, program, verify
- CRC checksums give confidence in programmer reliability
- I2C Address Bus allows multiple serial I2C EEPROMs to be selected individually
- Device Page Size selection allows equivalent devices with different page sizes to be used
- Serial number feature for automatically or manually adding serial numbers
- Adjustable ISP clock to support slower EEPROMs
- Supports SPI (25C) Status Register
- Supports 93C (Microwire) 8- and 16-bit modes
- Includes colored flying lead adapter for easy connection
- DLL and command-line software is free
- AT17LVxxx and AT17Fxxx Configuration EEPROMs
- Supports Xilinx .MCS file format as well as Altera and Xilinx FPGA configuration
EEPROM Device Support
- 24C: 24C00, 24C01, 24C02, 24C04, 24C08, 24C16, 24C32, 24C64, 24C128, 24C256, 24C512, 24C1024
- 25C: 25C010, 25C020, 25C040, 25C080, 25C160, 25C320, 25C640
- 93C: 93C06, 93C46, 93C56, 93C66, 93C76, 93C86
- AT17LV: AT17LV256, AT17LV512(A), AT17LV010(A), AT17LV002(A), AT17LV040
- AT17F: AT17F040(A), AT17F080(A), AT17F16(A)
- ...plus similar devices such as Microchip AA parts and other variants from Xicor, Catalyst, ST, Atmel and Microchip
Xilinx and Altera FPGA Configuration Atmel AT17LVxxx and AT17Fxxx FPGA configuration EEPROMs can be used with different FPGAs. Devices from Atmel (AT40K, AT94K) and Cypress have different file formats (BST) and setup from Altera and Xilinx chips, but the software can deal with this.
The software can load Altera HEX files, Xilinx MCS files or Atmel BST files, giving you maximum flexibility.
This programmer has been approved by Atmel for programming their FPGA configurators.
Alternative ISP Connection If you don't use the included flying leads adapter, the IDC10 cable's pinout could be used for a specific ISP header layout as seen below:
Serial EEPROM Programmer Resources
Country of Origin: UK