MOTOR-1 is a stepper motor driver board that allows complete control and drive for a four-phase unipolar stepper motor with continuous output current ratings to 1.25A per phase (1.5A startup) and 35V. It requires an external power source to drive your motor.
The 16 control pins and 5V power supply connections are available on a 20-pin (2×10) expansion connector for interfacing to existing microcontroller systems. This board can be connected either as a piggyback daughterboard on a microcontroller board (one with a matching connector) using standoffs or can be placed away from the microcontroller board using a 20-wire ribbon cable.
The expansion connector is plug-in compatible with MicroTRAK, MINI-MAX and BSCB systems. You can use it in your own system too, of course; see the manual for the expansion connector's pinout.
Motor Control Peripheral Board Features
- Integrated unipolar stepper motor controller UCN5804 (U1)
- 7-pin terminal block for external power source and motor connections (X1)
- 4-pin connector for external control (J2)
- Jumper switch to select a port pin to control STEP line (JP6 through JP9)
- Jumper switch to select a port pin to control DIRECTION line (JP10 through JP15)
- Jumper switch to select a port pin to control OE line (JP3 through JP5, JP16)
- Mode select (1 PHASE / 2 PHASE and STEP / HALF-STEP) jumpers (JP1, JP2)
- 1.25A per phase, up to 35 Volts
- Resettable fuse