1 Mbit of SRAM 8-bit registers; 32-byte pages Unlimited read/write cycles SPI communication 3.3V or 5V power supply
SRAM click lets you add 1 Mbit of additional SRAM to your devices via the 23LC1024 chip. It organizes the memory in 8-bit instruction registers and 32-byte pages. Three operating modes for reading and writing data are available: byte, page, and sequential (the last one allows read/write for entire memory array). The clock rate for all three modes is up to 20MHz.
The board communicates with your target's MCU through the mikroBUS SPI interface (MISO, MOSI, SCK, CS) with additional HOLD functionality provided through the default mikroBUS RST pin.
The placement of a solder jumper on the board allows you to set it for use with 3.3V or 5V power. It is in the 3.3V position by default.
Note: The picture shows the board with through-hole headers. The board now comes populated with male pin headers already soldered for your convenience. The board's user manual has yet to be updated to remove the soldering instructions.
mikroBUS Click Boards Overview Click boards plug directly into a mikroBUS socket. mikroBUS is a specially designed plug-and-play pinout standard. The sockets are found on Clicker boards, the Flip & Click Arduino/Python-compatible board, the Quail board, these mikromedia shields, the Microchip Curiosity board, and development systems from mikroElektronika (V7 systems and later).
You also can connect Click boards to many other popular platforms via these adapters:
- PC — Click USB Adapter (MIKROE-1433)
- Arduino — Arduino UNO click shield (MIKROE-1581) or Arduino Mega click shield (MIKROE-1900)
- Raspberry Pi — Pi click shield (MIKROE-1512) or Pi 2 click shield (MIKROE-1879)
- BeagleBone Black — BeagleBone click shield (MIKROE-1596) or mikroBUS Cape (MIKROE-1857)
- STM32F3 Discovery — STM32F3 Discovery Shield (MIKROE-1447)
- STM32F4 Discovery — STM32F4 Discovery Shield (MIKROE-1481)
- Stellaris LM4F120 LaunchPad / Tiva TM4C123G LaunchPad — Click BOOSTER PACK (MIKROE-1363)
- Freescale Freedom — FRDM-KL46Z click shield (MIKROE-1795) or FRDM-K64F click shield (MIKROE-1794)
In addition, it is royalty-free to add mikroBUS to your own designs. Visit the mikroBUS Category to see the full line of Click boards.
1 Megabit SRAM Add-on Module Resources