Make your Arduino the on-board brain of a mobile robot and learn robotics, electronics, and programming with this versatile kit and its accompanying step-by-step lessons. The kit contains the Board of Education Shield which plugs into your own Arduino (not included) and mounts on the Boe-Bot robot chassis which you assemble from this kit.
With this kit and your own Arduino module, you can follow the Robotics with the Board of Education Shield for Arduino lessons with over 40 hands-on activities, including:
- Learning to program your robot's Arduino brain
- Calibrating the robot's continuous rotation servo motors
- Using lights and speakers for status indicators
- Assembling the robot
- Preprogrammed navigation
- Using touch-switches to navigate by contact with objects
- Using phototransistors to navigate by light
- Using non-contact infrared sensors to measure distance and avoid or follow objects
Arduino board ("brain") is not included. Pictured is the Arduino Uno R3, though any Uno, Mega or Duemilanove will work.
Robotics Shield Kit Contents
- Board of Education Shield
- High-quality aluminum robot chassis, continuous rotation servos, and wheels
- Battery holder for five 1.5V AA cells (alternatively you can use six 1.2V rechargeable AA batteries, if you add the optional Boe-Boost module that you can select below)
- All the electronic components and sensors needed for the Robotics activities
- All the assembly hardware needed (nuts, screws, standoffs)
- Parallax screwdriver
Robotics Shield Kit Resources
Note: Don't mind the title of the optional Boe-Boost module below; in this Arduino Robot Shield application it would be a sixth battery holder rather than a fifth as the title suggests. The title is based on its use in the original BASIC Stamp Boe-Bot kit.
Optional Recommended Products for this Item