DSP for In-Vehicle and Mobile Systems, edited by Abut Hüseyin, John H.L. Hansen, and Kazuya Takeda, is an anthology of professional article and research papers focused on digital signal processing strategies for improving information access, command and control, and communications for in-vehicle environments. Contributors to the book hail from North America (U.S.A. and Canada), Europe (Germany and Italy), and Asia (Turkey, Japan, Taiwan, and Singapore).
It is expected that the next generation of human-to-vehicle interfaces will incorporate speech, video/image, and wireless communication modalities to provide more comfortable and safer driving ambiance. It is also expected that vehicles will become "smarter" and provide a level of wireless information sharing of resources regarding road, weather, traffic, and other information that drivers may need immediately or request at a later time while driving on the road.
The format of this book centers on three themes:
- 1. In-vehicle speech recognition/dialog systems with emphasis on car environments
- 2. Digital signal processing for mobile platforms involving noise suppression, image/video processing
- 3. Alternative communication scenarios that can be employed for in-vehicle applications
DSP for In-Vehicle and Mobile Systems is appropriate for researchers and professionals working in signal processing technologies, next generation vehicle design and networked-communications.
Hardcover, 313 pages
- 1. Construction and Analysis of a Multi-layered In-car Spoken Dialogue Corpus
- 2. CU-Move: Advanced In-Vehicle Speech Systems for Route Navigation
- 3. A Spoken Dialog Corpus for Car Telematics Services
- 4. Experience of Multi-speaker Dialogue System for Vehicular Information Retrieval
- 5. Robust Dialog Management Architecture using VoiceXML for Car Telematics Systems
- 6. Use of Multiple Speech Recognition Units in an In-car Assistance System
- 7. Hi-speed Error Correcting Code LSI for Mobile Phone
- 8. MCMAC as an Amplitude Spectral Estimator for Speech Enhancement
- 9. Noise Robust Speech Recognition using Prosodic Information
- 10. Reduction of Diffuse Noise in Mobile and Vehicular Applications
- 11. Speech Enhancement based on F-Norm Constrained Truncated SVD Algorithm
- 12. Verbkey - A Single-Chip Speech Control for the Automobile Environment
- 13. Real-time Transmission of H.26 for Video over 802.11B-based Wireless ad hoc Networks
- 14. DWT Image Compression for Mobile Communicaton
- 15. Link-adaptive Variable Bit-rate Speech Transmission over 802.11 Wireless LANs
- 16. Joint Audio-Video Processing for Robust Biometric Speaker Identification in Car
- 17. Is Our Driving Behavior Unique?
- 18. Robust ASR Inside a Vehicle Using Blind Probabilistic Based Under-determined Convolutive Mixture Separation Technique
- 19. In-car Speech Recognition using Distributed Microphones