What Personal Information About Customers Does MicroController Pros Corporation Gather?
The information we learn from customers helps us personalize and continually improve your shopping experience at MicroController Pros LLC. Here are the types of information we gather.
- Information You Give Us:We receive and store any information you enter on our Web site or give us in any other way. You can choose not to provide certain information, but then you might not be able to take advantage of many of our features. We use the information that you provide for such purposes as responding to your requests, customizing future shopping for you, improving our stores, and communicating with you.
- Automatic Information:We receive and store certain types of information whenever you interact with us and we obtain certain types of information when your Web browser accesses our web site.
- E-mail Communications:We log order and shipping confirmations send to your email address. We will not use your email address for any other purposes, unless you specifically authorize us to do so.
- Information from Other Sources: If you place an order with us we might receive information about you from other sources and add it to our account information. We utilize such information strictly to process your order and to protect you and us from fraud.
Does MicroController Pros LLC Share the Information It Receives?
Information about our customers is an important part of our business, and wedo not sell this information to others. We share customer information only as described below:
- Agents:We employ other companies and individuals to perform functions on our behalf. Examples include fulfilling orders, delivering packages, sending postal mail and e-mail, removing repetitive information from customer lists, analyzing data, providing marketing assistance, processing credit card payments, and providing customer service. They have access to personal information needed to perform their functions, but may not use it for other purposes.
- Promotional Offers:Sometimes we send offers on behalf of other businesses to opt-in subscribers of our newsletters . When we do this, we do not give that business your name and address. If you do not want to receive such offers, you may un-subscribe from receiving our newsletters at any time. See our Newsletter section for details on un-subscribing.
- Business Transfers:As we continue to develop our business, we might sell or buy stores, subsidiaries, or business units. In such transactions, customer information generally is one of the transferred business assets but remains subject to the promises made in any pre-existing Privacy Notice (unless, of course, the customer consents otherwise). Also, in the unlikely event that MicroController Pros LLC, or substantially all of its assets are acquired, customer information will of course be one of the transferred assets.
- Protection of MicroController Pros LLC and Others:We release account and other personal information when we believe release is appropriate to comply with the law; enforce or apply our Conditions of Use and other agreements; or protect the rights, property, or safety of MicroController Pros LLC, our users, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for fraud protection and credit risk reduction. Obviously, however, this does not include selling, renting, sharing, or otherwise disclosing personally identifiable information from customers for commercial purposes in violation of the commitments set forth in this Privacy Notice.
- With Your Consent:Other than as set out above, you will receive notice when information about you might go to third parties, and you will have an opportunity to choose not to share the information.
How Secure Is Information About Me?
- We work to protect the security of your information during transmission by using Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) software, which encrypts information you input.
- We reveal only the last five digits of your credit card numbers when confirming an order. Of course, we transmit the entire credit card number to the appropriate credit card company during order processing.
What Choices Do I Have?
- As discussed above, you can always choose not to provide information, even though it might be needed to make a purchase or to take advantage of certain of our web site's features.
- You can disable your browser from accepting cookies
- Cookies are alphanumeric identifiers that we transfer to your computer's hard drive through your Web browser to enable our systems to recognize your browser and to provide features such as storage of items in your Shopping Cart between visits.
- The Help portion of the toolbar on most browsers will tell you how to prevent your browser from accepting new cookies, how to have the browser notify you when you receive a new cookie, or how to disable cookies altogether. However, cookies allow you to take full advantage of some of MicroController Pros LLC's coolest features, and we recommend that you leave them turned on.
MicroController Pros LLC does not sell products for purchase by children. If you are under 18, you may order from MicroController Pros Corporation only with the involvement of a parent or guardian.
Conditions of Use, Notices, and Revisions
If you choose to visit our web site, your visit and any dispute over privacy is subject to this Notice and our Conditions of Use, including limitations on damages, arbitration of disputes, and application of the law of the state of Delaware. If you have any concern about privacy at MicroController Pros Corporation, please contact us with a thorough description, and we will try to resolve it.
Our business changes constantly, and our Privacy Notice and the Conditions of Use will change also. We may e-mail periodic reminders of our notices and conditions, unless you have instructed us not to, but you should check our Web site frequently to see recent changes. Unless stated otherwise, our current Privacy Notice applies to all information that we have about you and your account. We stand behind the promises we make, however, and will never materially change our policies and practices to make them less protective of customer information collected in the past without the consent of affected customers.
You provide most such information when you search, buy, bid, post, participate in a contest or questionnaire, or communicate with customer service. For example, you provide information when you search for a product; place an order through our web site ; communicate with us by phone, e-mail, or otherwise; complete a questionnaire or a contest entry form; participate in Discussion Boards or MicroController Pros LLC; and subscribe to other Personal Notification Services, such as MicroController Pros LLC's freeEmbedded News Digest. As a result of those actions, you might supply us with such information as your name, address, and phone numbers; credit card information; people to whom purchases have been shipped, including addresses and phone number; and financial information, including Social Security and driver's license numbers.
Examples of the information we collect and analyze include the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet; login; e-mail address; password; computer and connection information such as browser type and version, operating system, and platform; purchase history; the full Uniform Resource Locator (URL) click-stream to, through, and from our Web site, including date and time; cookie number; products you viewed or searched for; and the phone number you used to call us.
Examples of information we receive from other sources include updated delivery and address information from our carriers or other third parties, which we use to correct our records and deliver your next purchase or communication more easily; account information, purchase or redemption information; and credit history information from credit bureaus, which we use to help prevent and detect fraud.