Low-power CMOS 8-bit AVR microcontroller in 40-pin PDIP
By executing powerful instructions in a single clock cycle, the ATmega162 achieves throughputs approaching 1 MIPS per MHz allowing the system designer to optimize power consumption versus processing speed.
Features include 16 Kbytes of In-System Programmable Flash with Read-While-Write capabilities, 512 bytes EEPROM, 1 Kbytes SRAM, an external memory interface, 35 general-purpose I/O lines, 32 general-purpose working registers, a JTAG interface for Boundary-scan, On-chip Debugging support and programming, four flexible Timer/Counters with compare modes, internal and external interrupts, two serial programmable USARTs, a programmable Watchdog Timer with Internal Oscillator, an SPI serial port, and five software-selectable power saving modes:
- Idle Mode stops the CPU while allowing the SRAM, Timer/Counters, SPI port, and interrupt system to continue functioning.
- Power-Down Mode saves the register contents but freezes the Oscillator, disabling all other chip functions until the next interrupt or Hardware Reset.
- Power-Save Mode in which the Asynchronous Timer continues to run, allowing the user to maintain a timer base while the rest of the device is sleeping.
- Standby Mode in which the crystal/resonator Oscillator is running while the rest of the device is sleeping. This allows very fast start-up combined with low-power consumption.
- Extended Standby Mode in which both the main Oscillator and the Asynchronous Timer continue to run.
ATmega162 Microcontroller Features
AVR – High-performance and Low-power RISC Architecture
- 131 powerful instructions -- most single clock cycle execution
- 32 x 8 general-purpose working registers
- Fully static operation
- Up to 16 MIPS throughput at 16 MHz
- On-chip 2-cycle Multiplier
Non-volatile Program and Data Memories
- 16 Kbytes of in-system self programmable Flash (10,000 Write/Erase Cycles)
- Optional Boot Code section with independent Lock Bits
- In-System Programming by On-chip Boot Program
- True Read-While-Write Operation
- 512 Bytes EEPROM (100,000 Write/Erase Cycles)
- 1 Kbytes internal SRAM
- Up to 64 Kbytes optional external memory space
- Programming Lock for software security
JTAG Interface (IEEE 1149.1 Compliant)
- Boundary-scan capabilities according to the JTAG standard
- Extensive On-chip Debug support
- Programming of Flash, EEPROM, Fuses, and Lock Bits through the JTAG interface
- Two 8-bit Timer/Counters with separate Prescalers and Compare Modes
- Two 16-bit Timer/Counters with separate Prescalers, Compare Modes and Capture Modes
- Real-time Counter with separate oscillator
- Six PWM channels
- Dual Programmable Serial USARTs
- Master/Slave SPI Serial Interface
- On-chip Analog Comparator
- Programmable Watchdog Timer with Separate On-chip Oscillator
Special Microcontroller Features
- Power-on Reset and programmable Brown-out Detection
- Internal Calibrated RC Oscillator
- External and Internal Interrupt Sources
- 35 Programmable I/O lines
- Operating Voltage: 2.7-5.5V
- Industrial temperature range (-40°C to 85°C)
- 0-8 MHz @ 2.7-5.5V
- 0-16 MHz @ 4.5-5.5V
Please contact us for volume discount on orders of more than 50 pieces.
Ships from: USA
Leadtime: In stock