In-System Programmer with One-Button Operation
The Keyfob Concept
The keyfob Mini-programmer is a very small, portable, battery-powered programmer that can be used without error by unskilled users.
Once a keyfob Mini-programmer is loaded with a program file, EEPROM data file and/or device type and configuration information, it is ready for use. With the press of a button, the stored information is sent to the device to be programmed. A green LED indicates successful programming. It's that easy!
All this information is stored in non-volatile memory, so the keyfob Mini-programmer can be stored for long periods and used to program microcontrollers in-system continuously.
Each 64KB keyfob Mini-programmer is loaded from a PC via parallel port using the Keyfob Mini-programmer Starter Kit. You only need one starter kit for as many keyfob Mini-programmers as you like.
If you want to change the programs or settings you are using, just plug the keyfob Mini-programmer back into the starter kit and load it with the new code and device information - this can be done hundreds of times.
The PIC Keyfob Programmer supports the entire PIC18F family and most of the PIC16F family, with the exception of the PIC16F630 and PIC16F676. PIC18F devices are supported from 2.7 to 5.5V. PIC16F devices are supported from 4.5V to 5.5V. Note: Because the keyfob draws power from the target circuit, it operates at the target voltage, down to 3V. However, the BULK ERASE command on the PIC devices will not work below 4.5V. So, if your target voltage is below 4.5V, locked devices cannot be re-programmed. See the Handheld Programmer Starter Kit for improved low-voltage support, 128 KB memory, and Vpp-before-Vdd programming.
PIC Keyfob Programmer Features
- Powered by the target circuit
- Low and High voltage programming modes
- 64 KB memory
- No PC connection required when programming
- Does not need highly skilled operators
- Holds program code indefinitely
- Supports all configuration and security settings
- Programmer Dimensions: 45 × 35 × 15 mm (1.8 × 1.4 × 0.5 in)
PIC Keyfob Programmer Supported Devices
- All PIC18F devices.
- PIC16F microcontrollers at 5V only.
- The following PIC16F devices, HVP and LVP supported:
PIC16F627A, PIC16F628A, PIC16F648A in HVP only if Reset is not reprogrammed as I/O
- The following PIC16F devices supported in HVP only:
PIC16F7x (not PIC16F72x)
PIC16F7x7 (i.e. PIC16F737, PIC16F747, PIC16F767, PIC16F777 — not PIC16F727, which is from the PIC16F72x family)
PIC16F91x, PIC16F688, PIC16F684 only when Reset not reprogrammed as I/O
- Not supported: PIC16F630, PIC16F676, PIC16F505, PIC16F72x family
- PIC16F716 and PIC16F5x will be supported in a future update
PIC Keyfob Programmer Starter Kit Contents
- Software (for Windows 95/98/Me/NT/2000/XP/Vista/7, 32-bit only) for loading keyfob with program/EEPROM code, configuration words and security settings
- Parallel port PC interface with 1 meter cable and programming connector
- 1 or 5 Keyfob mini-programmers (select option below)
- 10-way to 6-way flying lead adapter
- 12V generator board for High Voltage Programming
- Spare 12V battery
Designing the Keyfob Mini-Programmer into Your Product To use a keyfob mini-programmer to configure your product in the field or on the production line, you just need to connect a 10-way box connector or use the 6-way flying lead adapter.
Programming Modes The keyfob programmer supports both Low Voltage Programming (LVP) and High Voltage Programming (HVP) modes. You can select which mode you require during keyfob loading from the PC.
Target application must supply Vdd to programmer. Although the keyfob will work down to 3V, Bulk Erase will only work at target voltages above 4.5V. So locked devices can only be reprogrammed with VDD > 4.5V. Please ensure that your application does not affect Data, Clock and MCLR lines by using serial resistors or other method.
High Voltage Programming (HVP)
For HVP mode, connect the supplied 12V generator board and leave PGM/LVP pin disconnected.
Low Voltage Programming (LVP)
For LVP mode, omit the 12V generator board, and connect PGM/LVP pin. Ensure Low-Voltage ICSP Select bit is set during programmer load.
If you require additional keyfob mini-programmers, you may choose the option below for a five-pack or order them individually.
|Number of Keyfob Programmers:||