The inDART-STX/264 Evaluation Kit package includes the inDART-STX/D ST Five & ST7 In-Circuit Debugger/Programmer and an evaluation board with ST72F264 microcontroller in SDIP32 package. The evaluation board also can be used for evaluation or experiments on its own in the absence of a target application board.
ST72F264 Evaluation Kit Features
- Real-Time Code Execution Without Probes -- Works with All Packages
- Standard Chip Used -- No Bondouts; 100% Electrical Characteristics Guaranteed
- Built-In ISP Programmer
- USB powered connection to PC; no extra power supply needed
ST72F264 Evaluation Board Overview
- ST72F264 microcontroller in SDIP32 package included (you can also use any of the ST72F26X family devices)
- Standard ICP connector
- Eight high-efficiency (low-current) LEDs connected to Port B
- Eight jumpers to connect/disconnect each of the eight LEDs to/from their respective Port B pins
- Potentiometer, with a jumper to connect/disconnect it to/from PC5
- RESET button
- Push-button switch with a jumper to connect/disconnect it to/from PC4
- Eight general-purpose DIP-switches connected to Port A/C
- Eight jumpers to connect/disconnect each of the eight DIP-switches to/from their respective Port A/C pins
- Provision for an external oscillator, with a jumper to select the microcontroller's external oscillator, internal RC oscillator or the clock source from the ICP connector’s OSC_CLK pin
- Connector for a 9-12 V, 200 mA power supply
- Prototyping area
- Connector area for access to the I/O pins of the microcontroller when expansion prototyping
ST FIVE and ST7 Debugger & Programmer Overview
inDART-STX/D is a powerful entry-level tool for STMicroelectronics ST FIVE- and ST7-based systems. This in-circuit debugger/programmer supports all devices of the ST72F Flash family and all devices of the ST FIVE 508 Flash family.
ST7 and ST FIVE Programming
The ST7 programmer and ST FIVE programmer takes advantage of the microcontrollers' ISP (In-System Programming) capability to program their Flash program memory. The included DataBlaze Programming Utility allows full control of all microcontroller option bytes.
ST7 and ST FIVE In-Circuit Debugging The ST FIVE and ST7 in-circuit debugger seamlessly integrates into your favorite development environment: STMicroelectronics STVD7 and Metrowerks CodeWarrior for ST7 (if you are working with ST7 devices) or STMicroelectronics Visual FIVE and Raisonance RKit-ST5 (if you are working with FIVE devices). Evaluation versions of all these development environments are included on CD-ROM, thus providing you with everything you need to quick-start your projects: you can write, compile (the provided compilers are limited evaluation versions), download (program), in-circuit emulate and debug your code right out of the box. The software is compatible with Windows 98/Me/2000/XP
Debugging Capabilities include: Source Level Debugging; Step Instructions; Breakpoint Handling
The ST7 and ST FIVE debugger/programmer unit is connected to and powered by the host PC through a USB port. A 10-pin connector allows the programmer to be connected to the target's ISP connector.
ST72F264 Evaluation Kit Supported Devices
Note: The inDART-STX/D itself supports all ST72F Flash and ST FIVE 508 Flash devices.
ST7 Programming Library Option The optional IPL-ST7 Programming Library is a DLL which includes all of the low-level functions that allow you to set up the ST7 instrument and perform, from within your own Windows application, most of the programming commands and functions of the DataBlaze user interface. The IPL-ST7 Programming Library contains C written routines, and can be used to operate the instrument from within, for example, a Microsoft Visual C or Visual Basic application, as well as any other programming language that supports the DLL mechanism. Full documentation and examples are included. A USB software protection key is provided with every copy of IPL-ST7; the protection key must be plugged into a USB port on the PC where the library functions of IPL-ST7 are used.
Download inDART-STX/D User's Guide for ST7 with addendum (PDF file, 2.1MB)
Download ST72F264 Evaluation Board User's Guide (PDF file, 756MB)
Country of Origin: Italy
Leadtime: 2 days