Embest ARM JTAG In-Circuit Debugger and Programmer with Software Development Suite that includes GNU C compiler, assembler, linker and C library, Integrated Development Environment (IDE) with Project Manager, Code Editor, Source-Level Debugger, ARM Instruction Set Simulator and Flash programming software
The ARM In-Circuit Debugger and Programmer connects to a PC's USB or Ethernet port and supports a data transmission speed of 200 to 800 kBytes per second. The Ethernet port can be used to permit remote debugging.
The ARM JTAG In-Circuit Debugger and Programmer can also be purchased without any software.
ARM Software Development Suite Features
- GNU C compiler, assembler and linker.
- GNU ANSI C library.
- Embest Integrated Development Environment with:
- Project Manager
- Integrated source-code editor
- Source-level debugger
- ARM instruction set simulator
- Tools for elf to bin conversion, code disassembly and splitting of bin files
- Flash programming software
- Source code examples for Atmel, Samsung, Cirrus Logic, and OKI ARM-core based processors.
- Online documentation.
- Seamless Integration with ARM Ltd. Software Tools. (ARM Ltd. software tools not included in this package.)
- Supports license shared in one local network environment.
- Debugging symbolic information files support Dwarf1 and Dwarf2 and are able to use Embest IDE plus emulator to debug uClinux and Linux kernel.
- Supports customer hardware and software breakpoint setting, viewing and changing, and command adding.
- Supports Cygwin1.dll using Cygwin 1.5.10-3.
ARM JTAG In-Circuit Debugger and Programmer
Completely non-intrusive, this ARM In-Circuit Debugger and Programmer from Embest communicates with the ARM CPU core via JTAG using the ARM's boundary scan pins. The ARM emulator uses no target memory and requires no porting of code to the target system.
The In-Circuit Debugger and Programmer provides you with complete control of the target ARM processor -- you can start and stop real-time code execution; single-step through code; read from and write to registers, memory, and system I/O; and download code to target RAM.
With its capability to read and program both ARM microcontroller on-chip Flash and external on-board Flash memories, this emulator double functions as a JTAG Flash programmer.
ARM JTAG In-Circuit Debugger and Programmer Features
- Supports all ARM7 microcontrollers as well as ARM920T cores.
- Supports two hardware breakpoints, two data breakpoints, and as many software breakpoints as permitted by the ARM core.
- Writes data to target system Flash memory (on-chip and external) using Embest Flash Programmer software.
- Supports network or internet sharing among a development team, and remote debugging.
- In-Circuit Debugger and Programmer firmware can be upgraded by software without changing any hardware.
Compatible Debugger and IDE Software The Embest ARM In-Circuit Debugger and Programmer is compatible with the following software packages running under Windows 98, NT, 2000, Me or XP:
- ARM Developer Suite (ADS, not included)
- ARM Software Development Toolkit (SDT, not included)
- Embest Integrated Development Environment (included with this Development Kit)
ARM In-Circuit Debugger and Programmer JTAG Interface The In-Circuit Debugger and Programmer connects to your target system via a JTAG interface. The JTAG interface supports the 20-pin ARM JTAG interface pinout. A cable for 20-pin JTAG target board connectors is included.
ARM In-Circuit Debugger and Programmer LED Indicators The In-Circuit Debugger and Programmer provides three LEDs that show the operational status, labeled PWR/RUN/ALARM. PWR is the power indicator. RUN indicates data transmission between host PC and target CPU. ALARM indicates the generation of error messages or that the update function is running.
ARM In-Circuit Debugger and Programmer Power Requirements The In-Circuit Debugger and Programmer can receive 5V power through your USB power, or can be powered by an external power supply from 6 to 9V.
In-Circuit Debugger and Programmer Package Contents
- Embest JTAG 200-800 kBytes/sec In-Circuit Debugger and Programmer for ARM; supports Embest IDE, ARM SDT and ARM ADS
- Drivers and Manual on CD-ROM
- USB cable
- Network cable
- 20-pin JTAG interface cable
Download IDE User Manual (PDF file, 6.5MB)
Download Flash Programmer User Manual (Windows Help File (.chm), 430kB)
Download ARM JTAG In-Circuit Debugger and Programmer User Manual (Adobe Acrobat file (.pdf), 1.5MB)
Note: This In-Circuit Debugger can not be used standalone. For in-circuit debugging, it requires that you have a target board with an ARM-based microcontroller and a JTAG connector. See the ARM Boards category for target boards that we have available.
Ships from: China
Lead time: 1 week
Optional Recommended Products for this Item