Freescale (Motorola) MC68HC908QY4 Starter Kit Highlights
- True MON08 Debugging through USB Interface
- USB bus powered, no power supply needed
- Metrowerks CodeWarrior Integrated Development Environment (Special Edition) with Editor, Assembler, C Compiler and Debugger
- Working experiments in minutes
MC68HC908QY4 Starter Kit Overview
The PK-HC08QY4 Starter Kit has been designed for the evaluation of the MC68HC908QY4 microcontroller and the debugging of small user applications.
The Starter Kit takes advantage of the Metrowerks CodeWarrior Integrated Development Environment (which groups an Editor, Assembler, C Compiler and Debugger) and the Freescale MON08 interface, which allows the download and debug of the user application into the microcontroller FLASH memory. Together with CodeWarrior, the Starter Kit provides you with everything you need to write, compile, download, in-circuit emulate and debug user code.
Full-speed program execution allows you to perform hardware and software testing in real time.
The Starter Kit is connected to the host PC through a USB port. A prototyping area allows you to wire your own small application.
MC68HC908QY4 Board Features The PK-HC08QY4 board has the following hardware features:
- An MCU section. It contains a soldered, 16-pin MC68HC908QY4 device (in SOIC package) with connectors to access the I/O pins of the microcontroller for expansion prototyping. A 28 MHz clock signal is provided (used to generate an internal bus frequency of 7 MHz).
- A Demo section. It features a RESET push-button, one user push-button, a potentiometer and eight user LEDs.
- A USB to MON08 Interface section. It contains the circuitry needed to electrically and logically translate MON08-like commands sent by the host PC through the USB cable to the MON08 interface of the microcontroller. The PK-HC08QY4 board is powered by the USB bus.
- A Prototype section. You can wire your own circuit here. The prototype section features both a standard, thru-hole area (for mounting traditional components) and an SMD area (for soldering SMD components in SOIC package).
CodeWarrior Integrated Development Environment
PK-HC08QY4 comes with (and are seamlessly integrated into) CodeWarrior Development Studio for HC(S)08 Microcontrollers, Special Edition. The CodeWarrior Development Studio for Freescale HC(S)08 Microcontrollers enables you to build and deploy HCS08 systems quickly and easily.
CodeWarrior Development Studio for HC(S)08 Microcontrollers, Special Edition, includes the CodeWarrior integrated development environment (IDE); 4 KB code-size limited C compiler and C source-level debugger; macro assembler; and Assembly-level debugger.
The software runs under Windows 98/2000/XP
MC68HC908QY4 Starter Kit Contents
Ships from: USA
- MC68HC908QY4 Board
- USB Cable
- CDs with Metrowerks CodeWarrior, Microcontroller Datasheets, User's Manual
- "Quickstart Tutorial" Poster
Leadtime: In stock