Wireless connectivity using the ZigBee protocol XBee S2C embedded RF modules provide cost-effective wireless connectivity to devices in ZigBee mesh networks. Utilizing the ZigBee PRO Feature Set, these modules are interoperable with other ZigBee devices, including devices from other vendors.
Part of the XBee family of wireless products, these modules are easy to use, share a common footprint, and are fully interoperable with other XBee products utilizing the same technology. This allows different XBee technologies to be drop-in replacements for each other; you can switch between 802.11, 802.15.4, ZigBee, DigiMesh and proprietary long-range with minimal development time or risk.
Series 2 modules use a different hardware configuration from the earlier models. They are not compatible with the outdated ZNet Series 2.5 modules. You can, however, change the firmware of existing ZNet Series 2.5 modules to the new ZB Series 2 firmware.
This S2C module is a compatible replacement for the obsolete XB24-Z7SIT-004 module. The difference is the use of the newer EM357 wireless device in place of the obsolete EM250. This module also is pin compatible the obsolete XB24-BSIT-004 ZNet 2.5 module, but, as stated above, it is not over-the-air compatible unless the ZNet module's firmware is changed.
ZB Series 2 New Features ZB offers many new and improved features over ZNet 2.5, including:
- Data transmissions are resolved directly to APS unicasts. This provides the ability to send and receive ZDO commands.
- NH command configures the unicast transmission timeout. This command can extend the number of unicast hops dramatically beyond the 6-8 hop limit that existed in ZNet 2.5.
- ZS command allows ZigBee stack profile to be set as required.
- Routers and coordinators can expire end-device children from their child tables if the end device has not polled within a settable timeout.
- The ZA command is no longer needed. SE, DE and CI addressing commands are always enabled.
- AI now includes several new values.
ZB S2C ZigBee Module Features
- Transceiver: Silicon Labs EM357 SoC
- RF data rate: 250 Kbps; Serial up to 1 Mbps
- Interface data rate: 1200 bps to 1 Mbps (non-standard baud rates supported)
- Indoor/Urban range: Up to 200 ft (60 m)
- Outdoor/RF line-of-sight range: Up to 4000 feet (1200 m)
- Power output: 3.1mW (+5 dBm); 6.3mw (+8 dBm) Boost Mode
- Receiver sensitivity (1% PER): -100 dBm; -102 dBm Boost Mode
- Serial data interface: UART, SPI
- Configuration method: API or AT commands, local or over-the-air (OTA)
- Frequency band: ISM 2.4 GHz
- Interface immunity: DSSS (Direct Sequence Spread Spectrum)
- ADC: Four 10-bit analog inputs
- Digital I/O: 15 I/O lines
- Operating temperature: -40°C to +85°C (industrial)
- Size: 0.960 in × 1.087 in (2.438 cm × 2.761 cm)
- Weight: 0.10 oz (3g)
- Protocol: ZigBee PRO 2007, HA-Ready with support for binding/multicasting
- Encryption: 128-bit AES
- Error handling: Retries/Acknowledgments
- Addressing: PAN ID, 64-bit IEEE MAC
- Channel capacity: 16 Direct Sequence Channels (11 through 26)
- Supply voltage: 2.1V to 3.6V DC (Footprint Recommendation: 3.0V - 3.4V DC)
- Transmit current: 33 mA (@ 3.3V); 45 mA Boost Mode
- Receive current: 28 mA (@ 3.3V); 31 mA Boost Mode
- Sleep current: <1 µA @ 25°C
- Networking topology: Mesh, point-to-point, point-to-multipoint, peer-to-peer
- Certifications: FCC (USA), IC (Canada), ETSI (Europe), RCM (Australia and New Zealand)
ZB S2C ZigBee Module Resources
Optional Recommended Products for this Item