ADXL362 accelerometer with several activity detection modes ADP195 power switch IC Screw terminal for connecting external device Also can be used as a regular accelerometer via SPI Low power consumption in wake-up mode (270nA at 2V) 3.3V power supply
Shake2Wake click carries an ADXL362 ultra-low-power 3-axis MEMS accelerometer from Analog Devices. The distinguishing feature of this IC is that it incorporates several activity detection modes. The interrupt pins from the chip are connected to an on-board ADP195 power switch IC that in turn controls your external device connected through a screw terminal.
The detection threshold is configurable (both the intensity and the duration of shaking required to activate). The duration of inactivity that leads to switching off is programmable also.
An SMD jumper on the board allows you to specify which of the available interrupt pins is used (the specified pin is connected both to the on-board power switch and the mikroBUS socket). It comes in the INT2 position by default.
Shake2Wake click also can be used as a regular 12-bit or 8-bit accelerometer for continuous sensing, in which case it communicates with your target MCU through mikroBUS SPI interface.
This board is designed to use a 3.3V power supply only.
mikroBUS Click Boards Overview Click boards come with header pins that you must solder yourself. After that, they just plug directly into a mikroBUS socket. mikroBUS is a specially designed plug-and-play pinout standard. The sockets are found on Clicker boards, the Flip & Click Arduino-compatible board, the Quail board, these mikromedia shields, the Microchip Curiosity board, and development systems from mikroElektronika (V7 systems and later).
You also can connect Click boards to many other popular platforms via these adapters:
- PC — Click USB Adapter (MIKROE-1433)
- Arduino — Arduino UNO click shield (MIKROE-1581) or Arduino Mega click shield (MIKROE-1900)
- Raspberry Pi — Pi click shield (MIKROE-1512) or Pi 2 click shield (MIKROE-1879)
- BeagleBone Black — BeagleBone click shield (MIKROE-1596) or mikroBUS Cape (MIKROE-1857)
- STM32F3 Discovery — STM32F3 Discovery Shield (MIKROE-1447)
- STM32F4 Discovery — STM32F4 Discovery Shield (MIKROE-1481)
- Stellaris LM4F120 LaunchPad / Tiva TM4C123G LaunchPad — Click BOOSTER PACK (MIKROE-1363)
- Freescale Freedom — FRDM-KL46Z click shield (MIKROE-1795) or FRDM-K64F click shield (MIKROE-1794)
In addition, it is royalty-free to add mikroBUS to your own designs. Visit the mikroBUS Category to see the full line of Click boards.
Motion-Activated Power Switch Module Resources