MLX90333 Triaxis Position Sensor Detects position of magnet in space Resistant to dust and dirt SPI communication 5V power supply
3D Hall click carries the MLX90333 Triaxis Hall sensor, capable of detecting the position of any magnet in nearby space. It does so by having two pairs of Hall sensors arranged in a cross shape, making it sensitive to three components of flux density (BX, BY, BZ), whereas a conventional Hall sensor is sensitive only to magnetic flux that's perpendicular to its surface.
The chip functions as a contactless position sensor for any type of magnet, capable of measuring its rotational, linear and 3D displacement with a high degree of precision. It can be applied in designing robust long-lasting joysticks, knobs, valves, throttles, robotic components or M2M interfaces. Contactless coupling ensures resistance against wear and environmental contaminants such as dirt and dust.
The on-chip signal processing circuitry simplifies integration. The board communicates with your target MCU through the mikroBUS SPI lines (CS, SCK, MISO, MOSI), producing positional data output in 16-bit resolution.
This board is designed to use a 5V power supply only.
Note: The picture shows the board with through-hole headers. The board now comes populated with male pin headers already soldered for your convenience. The board's user manual has yet to be updated to remove the soldering instructions.
Other Hall-effect Sensor mikroBUS Modules Note that these do not detect magnets in 3D space like this one does.
- Bi Hall Click — Bipolar version (LOW when exposed to north pole; HIGH when exposed to south pole; retains state when field is removed)
- Uni Hall Click — Unipolar version (LOW when exposed to north pole; HIGH when not exposed to north pole)
- Lin Hall Click — Linear version (output increases as north pole field approaches; decreases by south pole)
mikroBUS Click Boards Overview Click boards plug directly into a mikroBUS socket. mikroBUS is a specially designed plug-and-play pinout standard. The sockets are found on Clicker boards, the Flip & Click Arduino/Python-compatible board, the Quail board, these mikromedia shields, the Microchip Curiosity board, and development systems from mikroElektronika (V7 systems and later).
You also can connect Click boards to many other popular platforms via these adapters:
- PC — Click USB Adapter (MIKROE-1433)
- Arduino — Arduino UNO click shield (MIKROE-1581) or Arduino Mega click shield (MIKROE-1900)
- Raspberry Pi — Pi click shield (MIKROE-1512) or Pi 2 click shield (MIKROE-1879)
- BeagleBone Black — BeagleBone click shield (MIKROE-1596) or mikroBUS Cape (MIKROE-1857)
- STM32F3 Discovery — STM32F3 Discovery Shield (MIKROE-1447)
- STM32F4 Discovery — STM32F4 Discovery Shield (MIKROE-1481)
- Stellaris LM4F120 LaunchPad / Tiva TM4C123G LaunchPad — Click BOOSTER PACK (MIKROE-1363)
- Freescale Freedom — FRDM-KL46Z click shield (MIKROE-1795) or FRDM-K64F click shield (MIKROE-1794)
In addition, it is royalty-free to add mikroBUS to your own designs. Visit the mikroBUS Category to see the full line of Click boards.
3D Hall-effect Sensor Module Resources