Pair of 7×5 red LED matrices SPI communication to target, plus MR#, LATCH, R CLK and R RST Displays letters or numbers in highly readable format Scrolling text capability 3.3V or 5V power supply
7x10 R click carries a matrix of 70 red LEDs driven by a pair of 8-bit serial-in, parallel-out shift registers, a Darlington Transistor array and a Johnson counter. As 7×5 a standard resolution for displaying ASCII characters, the 7x10 click is essentially a dual-character display capable of showing letters in more readable typefaces compared to a 14-segment display.
The board communicates with your target MCU through the mikroBUS SPI interface (SCK, SDO, SDI), with additional functionality provided by R CLK, MR#, LATCH and R RST pins.
An SMD jumper allows you to configure it for 3.3V or 5V power (in 3.3V position by default).
Note: The picture shows the board with through-hole headers. The board now comes populated with male pin headers already soldered for your convenience. The board's user manual has yet to be updated to remove the soldering instructions.
mikroBUS Click Boards Overview Click boards plug directly into a mikroBUS socket. mikroBUS is a specially designed plug-and-play pinout standard. The sockets are found on Clicker boards, the Flip & Click Arduino/Python-compatible board, the Quail board, these mikromedia shields, the Microchip Curiosity board, and development systems from mikroElektronika (V7 systems and later).
You also can connect Click boards to many other popular platforms via these adapters:
- PC — Click USB Adapter (MIKROE-1433)
- Arduino — Arduino UNO click shield (MIKROE-1581) or Arduino Mega click shield (MIKROE-1900)
- Raspberry Pi — Pi click shield (MIKROE-1512) or Pi 2 click shield (MIKROE-1879)
- BeagleBone Black — BeagleBone click shield (MIKROE-1596) or mikroBUS Cape (MIKROE-1857)
- STM32F3 Discovery — STM32F3 Discovery Shield (MIKROE-1447)
- STM32F4 Discovery — STM32F4 Discovery Shield (MIKROE-1481)
- Stellaris LM4F120 LaunchPad / Tiva TM4C123G LaunchPad — Click BOOSTER PACK (MIKROE-1363)
- Freescale Freedom — FRDM-KL46Z click shield (MIKROE-1795) or FRDM-K64F click shield (MIKROE-1794)
In addition, it is royalty-free to add mikroBUS to your own designs. Visit the mikroBUS Category to see the full line of Click boards.
7×10 LED Matrix Module Resources