10 to 150 cm measurement range Sensor consists of PSD, IR LED, and signal processing IC Not easily influenced by reflectivity of object Analog output 3.3V or 5V power supply
IR Distance click carries Sharp's GP2Y0A60SZ0F distance-measuring sensor. The sensor module comprises an integrated PSD (position-sensitive detector), an infra-red LED and a signal-processing circuit. The measuring range is between 10 and 150 cm. The sensor is not easily influenced by the reflectivity of the object, but it's important to keep the lens clean.
The board produces an analog voltage corresponding to the distance of the object (through the mikroBUS AN pin). An Enable (EN) pin is also utilized. The output of the sensor is inversely proportional, meaning the output decreases as the distance grows.
A pair of SMD jumpers allow you to configure it for 3.3V or 5V power (in 3.3V positions by default).
This sensor is ideal for use with the Buggy robot, or for creating touchless switches. For a more advanced touchless interface, try the Gesture Board.
Note: The picture shows the board with through-hole headers. The board now comes populated with male pin headers already soldered for your convenience. The board's user manual has yet to be updated to remove the soldering instructions.
mikroBUS Click Boards Overview Click boards plug directly into a mikroBUS socket. mikroBUS is a specially designed plug-and-play pinout standard. The sockets are found on Clicker boards, the Flip & Click Arduino/Python-compatible board, the Quail board, these mikromedia shields, the Microchip Curiosity board, and development systems from mikroElektronika (V7 systems and later).
You also can connect Click boards to many other popular platforms via these adapters:
- PC — Click USB Adapter (MIKROE-1433)
- Arduino — Arduino UNO click shield (MIKROE-1581) or Arduino Mega click shield (MIKROE-1900)
- Raspberry Pi — Pi click shield (MIKROE-1512) or Pi 2 click shield (MIKROE-1879)
- BeagleBone Black — BeagleBone click shield (MIKROE-1596) or mikroBUS Cape (MIKROE-1857)
- STM32F3 Discovery — STM32F3 Discovery Shield (MIKROE-1447)
- STM32F4 Discovery — STM32F4 Discovery Shield (MIKROE-1481)
- Stellaris LM4F120 LaunchPad / Tiva TM4C123G LaunchPad — Click BOOSTER PACK (MIKROE-1363)
- Freescale Freedom — FRDM-KL46Z click shield (MIKROE-1795) or FRDM-K64F click shield (MIKROE-1794)
In addition, it is royalty-free to add mikroBUS to your own designs. Visit the mikroBUS Category to see the full line of Click boards.
Infrared Distance Sensor Module Resources