MOD-WIFI-AR9271-ANT is a USB WiFi adapter that uses free software drivers and firmware. Support for this module is built into the Linux kernel versions 2.6.35 and above. In Ubuntu and Debian, the firmware files are already included in the base distribution also.
Both the driver and the firmware of this adapter are free under the GNU GPL v2 and the 3-clause BSD licenses, respectively, so you can use it with a completely free GNU/Linux distribution, which has the Linux-libre kernel, clean of the non-free blobs from standard Linux. It will work with your desktop PC, laptop, or SBCs like Raspberry Pi or OLinuXino.
The adapter should work out of the box when plugging it into USB, so you don't have to manually install the firmware or drivers.
USB Wi-Fi Module Features
- Atheros AR9271 chipset
- USB 2.0
- MIMO configuration: 1x1 (1 TX chain; 2 RX RF chains; 1 RX stream)
- IEEE 802.11b/g/n PHY modes
- 200 mm long external antenna with excellent reception
- USB dongle size: 80 × 25 × 15 mm
- Built-in Linux kernel support (as of version 2.6.35)
- Linux kernel module: ath9k_htc
USB Wi-Fi Module Resources