Four-channel 16-bit ADC Sample rate up to 240 sps (12-bit mode) Selectable I2C addresses Built-in gain amplifier (x2, x4, x8) Automatic offset and gain error calibration 3.3V or 5V power supply
ADC3 click carries Microchip's MCP3428 16-bit multichannel analog-to-digital converter. The board has four pairs of screw terminals that five you access to the chip's four differential input channels. It can be configured in different ways depending on whether accuracy or speed is your main concern.
At the highest resolution of 16 bits, the chip produces conversion results at 15 samples per second. At 14 bits, the rate is 60 samples per second. Maximum conversion speed is achieved in 12-bit mode: 240 samples per second.
ADC3 click communicates with your target MCU through mikroBUS I2C pins (SCL, SDA). A pair of on-board SMD jumpers allow switching between different I2C addresses (in positions 0,0 by default). Another SMD jumper allows you to configure it for 3.3V or 5V power (in 3.3V position by default).
Note: The picture shows the board with through-hole headers. The board now comes populated with male pin headers already soldered for your convenience. The board's user manual has yet to be updated to remove the soldering instructions.
mikroBUS Click Boards Overview Click boards plug directly into a mikroBUS socket. mikroBUS is a specially designed plug-and-play pinout standard. The sockets are found on Clicker boards, the Flip & Click Arduino/Python-compatible board, the Quail board, these mikromedia shields, the Microchip Curiosity board, and development systems from mikroElektronika (V7 systems and later).
You also can connect Click boards to many other popular platforms via these adapters:
- PC — Click USB Adapter (MIKROE-1433)
- Arduino — Arduino UNO click shield (MIKROE-1581) or Arduino Mega click shield (MIKROE-1900)
- Raspberry Pi — Pi click shield (MIKROE-1512) or Pi 2 click shield (MIKROE-1879)
- BeagleBone Black — BeagleBone click shield (MIKROE-1596) or mikroBUS Cape (MIKROE-1857)
- STM32F3 Discovery — STM32F3 Discovery Shield (MIKROE-1447)
- STM32F4 Discovery — STM32F4 Discovery Shield (MIKROE-1481)
- Stellaris LM4F120 LaunchPad / Tiva TM4C123G LaunchPad — Click BOOSTER PACK (MIKROE-1363)
- Freescale Freedom — FRDM-KL46Z click shield (MIKROE-1795) or FRDM-K64F click shield (MIKROE-1794)
In addition, it is royalty-free to add mikroBUS to your own designs. Visit the mikroBUS Category to see the full line of Click boards.
Analog-to-Digital Converter Module Resources