Full-speed USB, 400 kHz I2C, 300-115200 UART baud rates USB has 128-byte buffer Additional GPIO and I2C pins Microchip provides software utility 3.3V or 5V logic levels
USB I2C click carries an MCP2221 USB-to-UART/I2C converter. The chip supports full-speed USB (12 Mb/s), I2C with up to 400 kHz clock rates, and UART baud rates between 300 and 115200. The board communicates with your target MCU through mikroBUS UART (RX, TX) or I2C (SCL, SDA) interfaces.
In addition to mikroBUS pins, the edges of the board are lined with GPIO pins and an alternative I2C pinout.
The USB has a 128-byte buffer (64-byte Transmit and 64-byte Receive) supporting data throughput at any of the above baud rates. The I2C interface supports up to 65535-byte long Read/Write blocks. The board is also supported by Microchip's configuration utility and drivers for Linux, Mac, Windows and Android.
This board uses either 3.3V or 5V logic levels, determined by the placement of a solder jumper (in the 3.3V position by default). A set of three more solder jumpers allow you to specify whether the GPIOs will be connected to the additional pin headers or be used to power signal LEDs (these are in the HDR positions by default).
mikroBUS Click Boards Overview Click boards come with header pins that you must solder yourself. After that, they just plug directly into a mikroBUS socket. mikroBUS is a specially designed plug-and-play pinout standard. The sockets are found on Clicker boards, the Flip & Click Arduino-compatible board, the Quail board, these mikromedia shields, the Microchip Curiosity board, and development systems from mikroElektronika (V7 systems and later).
You also can connect Click boards to many other popular platforms via these adapters:
- PC — Click USB Adapter (MIKROE-1433)
- Arduino — Arduino UNO click shield (MIKROE-1581) or Arduino Mega click shield (MIKROE-1900)
- Raspberry Pi — Pi click shield (MIKROE-1512) or Pi 2 click shield (MIKROE-1879)
- BeagleBone Black — BeagleBone click shield (MIKROE-1596) or mikroBUS Cape (MIKROE-1857)
- STM32F3 Discovery — STM32F3 Discovery Shield (MIKROE-1447)
- STM32F4 Discovery — STM32F4 Discovery Shield (MIKROE-1481)
- Stellaris LM4F120 LaunchPad / Tiva TM4C123G LaunchPad — Click BOOSTER PACK (MIKROE-1363)
- Freescale Freedom — FRDM-KL46Z click shield (MIKROE-1795) or FRDM-K64F click shield (MIKROE-1794)
In addition, it is royalty-free to add mikroBUS to your own designs. Visit the mikroBUS Category to see the full line of Click boards.
USB-to-UART/I2C Module Resources
Optional Recommended Products for this Item