16-bit digital-to-analog converter High rail-to-rail output drives (±15mA min) Double-buffered data latches SPI communication, clock rate up to 50 MHz Selectable reference voltage 3.3V or 5V power supply
DAC2 click carries LTC2601CDD, a 16-bit digital-to-analog converter, along with voltage output screw terminals. The chip has high rail-to-rail output drives (±15mA min) and double-buffered data latches. The board communicates with your target MCU through the mikroBUS SPI pins with clock rates up to 50MHz. Additionally, the CLR pin (in place of default mikroBUS RST pin) clears all the registers.
The single nibble of improvement between a 12-bit DAC and this 16-bit DAC means you get 61440 more discrete values to convert into a voltage.
This board uses either a 3.3V or 5V power supply, determined by the placement of a solder jumper (in the 5V position by default). Another solder jumper allows you to set the reference voltage either to VCC or 4.096V (in the VCC position by default).
Note: The picture shows the board with through-hole headers. The board now comes populated with male pin headers already soldered for your convenience. The board's user manual has yet to be updated to remove the soldering instructions.
mikroBUS Click Boards Overview Click boards plug directly into a mikroBUS socket. mikroBUS is a specially designed plug-and-play pinout standard. The sockets are found on Clicker boards, the Flip & Click Arduino/Python-compatible board, the Quail board, these mikromedia shields, the Microchip Curiosity board, and development systems from mikroElektronika (V7 systems and later).
You also can connect Click boards to many other popular platforms via these adapters:
- PC — Click USB Adapter (MIKROE-1433)
- Arduino — Arduino UNO click shield (MIKROE-1581) or Arduino Mega click shield (MIKROE-1900)
- Raspberry Pi — Pi click shield (MIKROE-1512) or Pi 2 click shield (MIKROE-1879)
- BeagleBone Black — BeagleBone click shield (MIKROE-1596) or mikroBUS Cape (MIKROE-1857)
- STM32F3 Discovery — STM32F3 Discovery Shield (MIKROE-1447)
- STM32F4 Discovery — STM32F4 Discovery Shield (MIKROE-1481)
- Stellaris LM4F120 LaunchPad / Tiva TM4C123G LaunchPad — Click BOOSTER PACK (MIKROE-1363)
- Freescale Freedom — FRDM-KL46Z click shield (MIKROE-1795) or FRDM-K64F click shield (MIKROE-1794)
In addition, it is royalty-free to add mikroBUS to your own designs. Visit the mikroBUS Category to see the full line of Click boards.
DAC Module Resources