MTK high-sensitivity navigation engine TTFF: 28 seconds cold; 26 seconds warm; less than 1 second hot Sensitivity: -165 dBm tracking; -160 dBm reacquisition; -146 dBm cold start EPO orbit prediction EASY self-generated orbit prediction 3.3V power supply
GNSS3 click carries SIMCom's SIM33ELA standalone GNSS module with an integrated antenna and an N.FL connector for adding an external antenna. GNSS stands for Global Navigation Satellite System, an umbrella term that describes both the United States GPS and the Russian GLONASS global positioning systems. This module thus benefits from being able to receive signals from a larger number of satellites, increasing its speed and precision.
The SIM33ELA module has MTK's high-sensitivity navigation engine. It features EPO orbit prediction, AGPS, and SBAS ranging (WAAS, EGNOS, GAGAN, MSAS). GNSS3 click communicates with your target board through mikroBUS UART pins (RX, TX), with additional functionality provided through RST and INT pins.
The placement of a zero-Ohm resistor determines whether the module uses its built-in antenna or an external antenna. This is set to the Internal function by default. The board's external antenna connector is N.FL. This is not the same as the U.FL connector found on many other boards; although it is the same diameter, it has a lower profile. Currently we do not have any N.FL antennas or adapters in our catalog yet.
This board is designed to use a 3.3V power supply only.
Note: The picture shows the board with through-hole headers. The board now comes populated with male pin headers already soldered for your convenience. The board's user manual has yet to be updated to remove the soldering instructions.
mikroBUS Click Boards Overview Click boards plug directly into a mikroBUS socket. mikroBUS is a specially designed plug-and-play pinout standard. The sockets are found on Clicker boards, the Flip & Click Arduino/Python-compatible board, the Quail board, these mikromedia shields, the Microchip Curiosity board, and development systems from mikroElektronika (V7 systems and later).
You also can connect Click boards to many other popular platforms via these adapters:
- PC — Click USB Adapter (MIKROE-1433)
- Arduino — Arduino UNO click shield (MIKROE-1581) or Arduino Mega click shield (MIKROE-1900)
- Raspberry Pi — Pi click shield (MIKROE-1512) or Pi 2 click shield (MIKROE-1879)
- BeagleBone Black — BeagleBone click shield (MIKROE-1596) or mikroBUS Cape (MIKROE-1857)
- STM32F3 Discovery — STM32F3 Discovery Shield (MIKROE-1447)
- STM32F4 Discovery — STM32F4 Discovery Shield (MIKROE-1481)
- Stellaris LM4F120 LaunchPad / Tiva TM4C123G LaunchPad — Click BOOSTER PACK (MIKROE-1363)
- Freescale Freedom — FRDM-KL46Z click shield (MIKROE-1795) or FRDM-K64F click shield (MIKROE-1794)
In addition, it is royalty-free to add mikroBUS to your own designs. Visit the mikroBUS Category to see the full line of Click boards.
GNSS Add-on Module Resources