Qualified 2.4-GHz IEEE 802.11 b/g transceiver On-board ceramic chip antenna and U.FL connector for external antenna Pre-loaded firmware simplifies integration Controlled through ASCII commands UART interface 3.3V power supply
WiFly click carries the Microchip RN131C/RM, a standalone embedded wireless LAN module. It allows you to connect your devices to 802.11 b/g wireless networks. Pre-loaded firmware simplifies integration. The mikroBUS UART interface alone (RX, TX pins) is sufficient to establish a wireless data connection (with speeds up to 1 Mbps). The module is controlled with simple ASCII commands (for scanning, authenticating and connecting to Wi-Fi networks).
A multitude of networking applications are built in: DHCP, UDP, DNS, ARP, ICMP, TCP, HTTP client, and FTP client. Additional functionality is provided by RST, WAKE, RTSb and CTSb pins.
The board has two solder jumper areas which will allow you to enable the RTS and/or CTS control pins. The connections are not made by default.
This board is designed to use a 3.3V power supply only.
mikroBUS Click Boards Overview Click boards come with header pins that you must solder yourself. After that, they just plug directly into a mikroBUS socket. mikroBUS is a specially designed plug-and-play pinout standard. The sockets are found on Clicker boards, the Flip & Click Arduino-compatible board, the Quail board, these mikromedia shields, the Microchip Curiosity board, and development systems from mikroElektronika (V7 systems and later).
You also can connect Click boards to many other popular platforms via these adapters:
- PC — Click USB Adapter (MIKROE-1433)
- Arduino — Arduino UNO click shield (MIKROE-1581) or Arduino Mega click shield (MIKROE-1900)
- Raspberry Pi — Pi click shield (MIKROE-1512) or Pi 2 click shield (MIKROE-1879)
- BeagleBone Black — BeagleBone click shield (MIKROE-1596) or mikroBUS Cape (MIKROE-1857)
- STM32F3 Discovery — STM32F3 Discovery Shield (MIKROE-1447)
- STM32F4 Discovery — STM32F4 Discovery Shield (MIKROE-1481)
- Stellaris LM4F120 LaunchPad / Tiva TM4C123G LaunchPad — Click BOOSTER PACK (MIKROE-1363)
- Freescale Freedom — FRDM-KL46Z click shield (MIKROE-1795) or FRDM-K64F click shield (MIKROE-1794)
In addition, it is royalty-free to add mikroBUS to your own designs. Visit the mikroBUS Category to see the full line of Click boards.
WiFly Add-on Module Resources
Optional Recommended Products for this Item