3-axis accelerometer Integrated 45-degree Tilt sensor, configurable with jumpers 14-bit resolution, 1 mg/LSB sensitivity ~700µs output time 3.3V power supply
TILT-n-SHAKE click carries Freescale's MMA8491Q IC, which is a multifunctional 3-axis digital accelerometer that can also be configured as a 45-degree Tilt sensor.
To use it as an accelerometer, keep the EN pin pulled to logic level High. The acceleration data will be sent to your target's MCU through mikroBUS I2C pins (SCL, SDA). The output time is about 700 microseconds, with 14-bit resolution, ±8 full-scale range and 1 mg/LSB sensitivity.
As a Tilt sensor, the click board needs only one output pin — INT (interrupt). It seconds either an Xout, Yout or Zout signal on the interrupt pin when the board has been tilted 45 degrees in one of those directions. One of the three on-board LEDs will also signal the tilt orientation. There are three zero-Ohm resistors on the board that you can remove if you want to disable tilt sensing on any or all of three axes.
This board is designed to use a 3.3V power supply only.
Note: The picture shows the board with through-hole headers. The board now comes populated with male pin headers already soldered for your convenience. The board's user manual has yet to be updated to remove the soldering instructions.
mikroBUS Click Boards Overview Click boards plug directly into a mikroBUS socket. mikroBUS is a specially designed plug-and-play pinout standard. The sockets are found on Clicker boards, the Flip & Click Arduino/Python-compatible board, the Quail board, these mikromedia shields, the Microchip Curiosity board, and development systems from mikroElektronika (V7 systems and later).
You also can connect Click boards to many other popular platforms via these adapters:
- PC — Click USB Adapter (MIKROE-1433)
- Arduino — Arduino UNO click shield (MIKROE-1581) or Arduino Mega click shield (MIKROE-1900)
- Raspberry Pi — Pi click shield (MIKROE-1512) or Pi 2 click shield (MIKROE-1879)
- BeagleBone Black — BeagleBone click shield (MIKROE-1596) or mikroBUS Cape (MIKROE-1857)
- STM32F3 Discovery — STM32F3 Discovery Shield (MIKROE-1447)
- STM32F4 Discovery — STM32F4 Discovery Shield (MIKROE-1481)
- Stellaris LM4F120 LaunchPad / Tiva TM4C123G LaunchPad — Click BOOSTER PACK (MIKROE-1363)
- Freescale Freedom — FRDM-KL46Z click shield (MIKROE-1795) or FRDM-K64F click shield (MIKROE-1794)
In addition, it is royalty-free to add mikroBUS to your own designs. Visit the mikroBUS Category to see the full line of Click boards.
Tilt-n-Shake Add-on Module Resources