Measures visible light (filtering out 99% of IR) 0.01 lux to 83k lux range, 23-bit resolution Approximates light response of human eye I2C interface, plus INT pin 3.3V power supply
Ambient 2 click carries TI's OPT3001 Ambient Light sensor, which is a small single-chip lux meter that measures only the visible part of the light spectrum from any kind of source (mimicking the way humans see light). It does so by filtering out 99% of infrared light. The measurement range of Ambient 2 click is from 0.01 lux to 83k lux, at 23-bit resolution.
Communication with your target's MCU is done through mikroBUS I2C pins, with an additional INT pin which can be used for triggering wake-up events (off-loading the MCU). The module has four solder jumpers for configuring the I2C address.
This board is designed to use a 3.3V power supply only.
Note: The picture shows the board with through-hole headers. The board now comes populated with male pin headers already soldered for your convenience. The board's user manual has yet to be updated to remove the soldering instructions.
mikroBUS Click Boards Overview Click boards plug directly into a mikroBUS socket. mikroBUS is a specially designed plug-and-play pinout standard. The sockets are found on Clicker boards, the Flip & Click Arduino/Python-compatible board, the Quail board, these mikromedia shields, the Microchip Curiosity board, and development systems from mikroElektronika (V7 systems and later).
You also can connect Click boards to many other popular platforms via these adapters:
- PC — Click USB Adapter (MIKROE-1433)
- Arduino — Arduino UNO click shield (MIKROE-1581) or Arduino Mega click shield (MIKROE-1900)
- Raspberry Pi — Pi click shield (MIKROE-1512) or Pi 2 click shield (MIKROE-1879)
- BeagleBone Black — BeagleBone click shield (MIKROE-1596) or mikroBUS Cape (MIKROE-1857)
- STM32F3 Discovery — STM32F3 Discovery Shield (MIKROE-1447)
- STM32F4 Discovery — STM32F4 Discovery Shield (MIKROE-1481)
- Stellaris LM4F120 LaunchPad / Tiva TM4C123G LaunchPad — Click BOOSTER PACK (MIKROE-1363)
- Freescale Freedom — FRDM-KL46Z click shield (MIKROE-1795) or FRDM-K64F click shield (MIKROE-1794)
In addition, it is royalty-free to add mikroBUS to your own designs. Visit the mikroBUS Category to see the full line of Click boards.
Ambient Light Sensor Add-on Module Resources