22-bit ADC Input and Output screw terminals Low noise High accuracy 4.096V or VCC reference selection 3.3V or 5V power supply selection
ADC 2 click carries the MCP3551, which is a 22-bit ADC with automatic internal offset and gain calibration. This high-precision analog-to-digital converter has total unadjusted error of less than 10 ppm, and low-output noise of 2.5 µV RMS.
The board carries two pairs of screw terminals. The first pair has VIN- for bringing in reference voltage, and VIN+ for the positive voltage. The other pair has VCC OUT and GND for output voltages.
Communication with your target board is done through mikroBUS CS, CSK and MISO lines.
Two solder jumpers can be used to configure the board. One allows you to select the reference voltage of 4.096V or VCC (in VCC position by default). The other allows you to select 3.3V or 5V power supply (in 3.3V position by default).
Note: The picture shows the board with through-hole headers. The board now comes populated with male pin headers already soldered for your convenience. The board's user manual has yet to be updated to remove the soldering instructions.
mikroBUS Click Boards Overview Click boards plug directly into a mikroBUS socket. mikroBUS is a specially designed plug-and-play pinout standard. The sockets are found on Clicker boards, the Flip & Click Arduino/Python-compatible board, the Quail board, these mikromedia shields, the Microchip Curiosity board, and development systems from mikroElektronika (V7 systems and later).
You also can connect Click boards to many other popular platforms via these adapters:
- PC — Click USB Adapter (MIKROE-1433)
- Arduino — Arduino UNO click shield (MIKROE-1581) or Arduino Mega click shield (MIKROE-1900)
- Raspberry Pi — Pi click shield (MIKROE-1512) or Pi 2 click shield (MIKROE-1879)
- BeagleBone Black — BeagleBone click shield (MIKROE-1596) or mikroBUS Cape (MIKROE-1857)
- STM32F3 Discovery — STM32F3 Discovery Shield (MIKROE-1447)
- STM32F4 Discovery — STM32F4 Discovery Shield (MIKROE-1481)
- Stellaris LM4F120 LaunchPad / Tiva TM4C123G LaunchPad — Click BOOSTER PACK (MIKROE-1363)
- Freescale Freedom — FRDM-KL46Z click shield (MIKROE-1795) or FRDM-K64F click shield (MIKROE-1794)
In addition, it is royalty-free to add mikroBUS to your own designs. Visit the mikroBUS Category to see the full line of Click boards.
ADC Add-on Module Resources