Nano Hornet GPS module from OriginGPS Time to first fix less than 1 second -163dBm tracking sensitivity Smallest GPS module with integrated patch antenna Noise immunity and high sensitivity under marginal signal conditions 3.3V or 5V power supply
Nano GPS click carries the Nano Hornet (ORG1411) module from OriginGPS which is the smallest GPS module with an integrated patch antenna (measuring just 10×10×3.8mm). Hence, Nano GPS click is also the smallest of all MikroElektronika GPS click boards. Despite its size, it offers superior sensitivity and outstanding performance, with time to first fix (TTFF) of less than 1 second, accuracy of approximately 1m, and tracking sensitivity down to -163dBm.
The main communication with your target board is done through the UART interface. Additional pins provide Reset, Wake Up (monitors power state), and On/Off functionality.
The module can be used with 3.3V or 5V power, selectable via a solder jumper (in 3.3V position by default).
Note: The picture shows the board with through-hole headers. The board now comes populated with male pin headers already soldered for your convenience. The board's user manual has yet to be updated to remove the soldering instructions.
mikroBUS Click Boards Overview Click boards plug directly into a mikroBUS socket. mikroBUS is a specially designed plug-and-play pinout standard. The sockets are found on Clicker boards, the Flip & Click Arduino/Python-compatible board, the Quail board, these mikromedia shields, the Microchip Curiosity board, and development systems from mikroElektronika (V7 systems and later).
You also can connect Click boards to many other popular platforms via these adapters:
- PC — Click USB Adapter (MIKROE-1433)
- Arduino — Arduino UNO click shield (MIKROE-1581) or Arduino Mega click shield (MIKROE-1900)
- Raspberry Pi — Pi click shield (MIKROE-1512) or Pi 2 click shield (MIKROE-1879)
- BeagleBone Black — BeagleBone click shield (MIKROE-1596) or mikroBUS Cape (MIKROE-1857)
- STM32F3 Discovery — STM32F3 Discovery Shield (MIKROE-1447)
- STM32F4 Discovery — STM32F4 Discovery Shield (MIKROE-1481)
- Stellaris LM4F120 LaunchPad / Tiva TM4C123G LaunchPad — Click BOOSTER PACK (MIKROE-1363)
- Freescale Freedom — FRDM-KL46Z click shield (MIKROE-1795) or FRDM-K64F click shield (MIKROE-1794)
In addition, it is royalty-free to add mikroBUS to your own designs. Visit the mikroBUS Category to see the full line of Click boards.
GPS Add-on Module Resources