DS2417 real-time clock chip 1F supercapacitor allows board to keep time for years 16.3 kbits per second Programmable interrupt for system wakeup Can use either 3.3V or 5V power supply
RTC4 click carries the DS2417 real-time clock/calendar with a 1-Wire MicroLAN interface and a programmable interrupt for system output. The clock frequency is derived from an on-board 32.768KHz oscillator. An integrated backup energy source maintains a charge with an on-board coin-cell supercapacitor. The clock has an accuracy of ±2 minutes per month at a temperature of 25°C.
Depending on the position of an on-board jumper, RTC4 click communicates with your target board's MCU through either mikroBUS AN pin or PWM pin (here, GP1 or GP0), plus the INT pin. That jumper is set to the GP0 position by default.
Another solder jumper allows you to set the module for 3.3V or 5V power supply. It is in the 3.3V position by default.
mikroBUS Click Boards Overview Click boards come with header pins that you must solder yourself. After that, they just plug directly into a mikroBUS socket. mikroBUS is a specially designed plug-and-play pinout standard. The sockets are found on Clicker boards, the Flip & Click Arduino-compatible board, the Quail board, these mikromedia shields, the Microchip Curiosity board, and development systems from mikroElektronika (V7 systems and later).
You also can connect Click boards to many other popular platforms via these adapters:
- PC — Click USB Adapter (MIKROE-1433)
- Arduino — Arduino UNO click shield (MIKROE-1581) or Arduino Mega click shield (MIKROE-1900)
- Raspberry Pi — Pi click shield (MIKROE-1512) or Pi 2 click shield (MIKROE-1879)
- BeagleBone Black — BeagleBone click shield (MIKROE-1596) or mikroBUS Cape (MIKROE-1857)
- STM32F3 Discovery — STM32F3 Discovery Shield (MIKROE-1447)
- STM32F4 Discovery — STM32F4 Discovery Shield (MIKROE-1481)
- Stellaris LM4F120 LaunchPad / Tiva TM4C123G LaunchPad — Click BOOSTER PACK (MIKROE-1363)
- Freescale Freedom — FRDM-KL46Z click shield (MIKROE-1795) or FRDM-K64F click shield (MIKROE-1794)
In addition, it is royalty-free to add mikroBUS to your own designs. Visit the mikroBUS Category to see the full line of Click boards.
Real-Time Clock Add-on Module Resources