PIC32-RETROBSD is similar to the PIC32-PINGUINO-MICRO board, only this board has a PIC32MX795F512H processor on it, which makes it capable of running the RetroBSD UNIX operating system. The board comes with RetroBSD and its compatible bootloader already installed.
RetroBSD Board Features
- PIC32MX795F512H, 80 MHz microcontroller with 512KB Flash and 128KB RAM
- Comes loaded with a bootloader and RetroBSD
- MicroSD card slot for file system or data logging
- UEXT connector which allows many existing modules like RF, Zigbee, GSM, GPS to be connected (see below)
- Two LEDs
- One user button
- Reset button
- Mini-USB connector
- All PIC ports available on 0.1" connectors
- Mini-ICSP connector 0.05" pitch. If you do not want to use RetroBSD, you can reprogram this board with a PIC-KIT3 if you use a PIC-Mini-ICD-6 cable.
Add-on UEXT Modules Available This board has a universal extension connector, UEXT, which allows you to add a peripheral module easily. The UEXT can provide I2C, RS232, SPI and power to the external device. Please see the UEXT Boards Category for a full list of modules that can plug into the UEXT port.
RetroBSD Board Resources
Optional Recommended Products for this Item