Starter Kit: Hand-Held 8-Way Field and Production Programmer for Atmel AVR microcontrollers, plus USB PC interface and software.
The ultimate programming tool for AVR microcontrollers, in the field or on the production line — so easy a child can use it! Just load it once with up to eight programs and then program target devices again and again.
You need just one starter kit for your PC, then you can load as many programmers as you require. This starter kit is compatible with both the 8-way programmers, which have 2MB of code space each, and the single-program 256kB versions.
Simply connect the starter kit dongle to your USB port and run the master software. Select your code file, device type and settings (e.g. fuses), and now you can load the programmer with your program or test code in seconds. As the programmer is battery powered during load, you don't need any power supplies or cabling; just plug a programmer into the lead supplied. Once a programmer is loaded, it is completely portable and can be used where you need it — not where your PC is located. The 8-way programmer can store up to eight different programs and EEPROM data for different AVR microcontroller targets, selectable using a dial on the front of the programmer.
The Handheld Programmer features one-button operation, auto sensing of target, auto verification and an error indicator. In most cases, the target circuit does not need to be powered, and low-voltage targets are supported. It can power the target circuit at 0-5V Vcc, up to 150mA with over-current trip. The 8-way programmer has 2MB of memory and is powered by a common 9V PP3 battery, or by an external power supply. If your target circuit requires more than 150mA current, it must be self-powered or the programmer must be powered by an external supply.
When it's time to program new code into your devices, simply reconnect the handheld programmer to the PC, load the new code into it, and you're ready to go again.
Hand-Held AVR Programmer Software Features
- Supports Windows 2000/XP/Vista/7/8/8.1/10, both 32-bit and 64-bit
- Simple Wizard software
- Easy file selection for Flash and EEPROM
- Select to program Flash only or EEPROM only or program both
- Most file formats can be loaded, including binary
- Fuse and lockbit setting screen, including edit fuses in binary
- Select target voltage, from 0-5V with 0.02V resolution
- You can limit the number of targets allowed, and lock the programmer to protect your code
- Click Upload to load your programmer
- Programmer can be copied to load other units or to send to third party
Hand-Held AVR Programmer Starter Kit Contents
- Hand-Held Programmer with 8 slots of 256K code space each
- PC Interface (USB) for loading code and settings
- Ribbon cable with 10-way connector
- Software CD
Hand-Held AVR Programmer Features
This programmer should be used with Atmel-recommended ISP circuits. It also supports the JTAG programming algorithm. A JTAG adapter is available as an add-on option at the bottom of this page.
- Hand-held programmer uses 9V PP3 battery or power supply
- Eight-way rotary switch to select slot
- 256KB memory space per slot for code and EEPROM data
- Single-button operation
- Load it once; program targets forever
- Reload new programs as often as you need
- Holds program code indefinitely
- Supports all Fuse and Lock bits
- Program/Verify Flash or EEPROM or both
- Supports programming from 1.8 to 5.5V, depending on target Vcc
- Can power target device (up to 150mA) or can draw power from target
- Dimensions: 106 × 58 × 25 mm (4.5 × 2.5 × 1 inches)
AVR Microcontroller Device Support Supports all Low Voltage (L, V) and PicoPower (P) Devices, as well as A and PA variants.
- AT90S1200, AT90S2313, AT90S2323, AT90S2333, AT90S2343
- AT90S4414, AT90S4433, AT90S8515, AT90S8535, ATmega103
- AT90CAN128, AT90CAN32, AT90CAN64
- AT90PWM2/3, AT90PWM316
- AT90USB1286, AT90USB646
- ATmega128, ATmega1280, ATmega1281, ATmega1284, ATmega128RFA1
- ATmega16, ATmega161, ATmega162, ATmega163, ATmega164, ATmega165, ATmega168, ATmega169
- ATmega16M1, ATmega16U2, ATmega16U4
- ATmega2560, ATmega2561
- ATmega32, ATmega323, ATmega324, ATmega325, ATmega3250, ATmega328, ATmega329
- ATmega3290, ATmega32C1, ATmega32M1, ATmega32U2, ATmega32U4, ATmega32U6
- ATmega48, ATmega64, ATmega640, ATmega644, ATmega645, ATmega6450, ATmega649
- ATmega6490, ATmega64C1, ATmega64M1
- ATmega8, ATmega8515, ATmega8535, ATmega88, ATmega8U2
- ATtiny13, ATtiny1634, ATtiny167
- ATtiny2313, ATtiny24, ATtiny25, ATtiny26, ATtiny261
- ATtiny4313, ATtiny43U, ATtiny44, ATtiny45, ATtiny461, ATtiny48
- ATtiny84, ATtiny85, ATtiny861, ATtiny87, ATtiny88
Extra 8-Way Hand-Held Programmers or Single-Target Hand-Held Programmers are available individually. You only need one starter kit for as many programmers as you require.
Power Supply If you do not want to use the internal 9V PP3 battery (or require more current), the power supply required is 9V with a 5.0/2.1mm barrel connector. See below for optional universal power supplies that can be used in most countries.
Hand-Held AVR Programmer Resources
Country of Origin: UK
Optional Recommended Products for this Item