SNS-FINGERPRINT is an optical fingerprint sensor (ZhianTec ZFM-206SA) which will make adding fingerprint detection and verification very simple. Inside there is a DSP chip that does the image rendering, calculation, feature-finding and searching.
You can teach the sensor to remember fingerprint images and up to 1000 images can be stored in the internal Flash memory. There's a red LED in the lens that lights up during a photo so you know it's working. In image search mode, the sensor compares the current scanned image with the stored database, and if images match it sends the index number of the stored image that matches the current scanned fingerprint.
All communication is done via UART.
Fingerprint Scanner Features
- Power supply: 3.6V to 6V DC
- Operating current: 100mA
- UART settings: 9600,8,1,N
- Image acquisition time: less than 1 second
- Storage capacity: 1000 images
- Average search time: Less than 1 second
- Operating temperature: -10 to +40 °C
- Operating humidity: 40-85%
- Wire connection: Red - Vcc, Black - Gnd, Green - DataOut, White - DataIn
- UART signals are 3.3V and 5V tolerant
- Dimensions: 55 × 22 × 22 mm
Fingerprint Scanner Resources