ISO1540 bi-directional isolator Two sets of I2C pins Two isolated bi-direction channels for clock and data lines 3.3V or 5V power supply
I2C Isolator click carries an ISO1540, a low-power, bi-directional isolator compatible with I2C interfaces. On the board, the Texas Instruments chip is connected to two sets of I2C pins: one on the mikroBUS connector (SDA, SCL), the other on the upper edge of the board (SCL2, SDL2). This makes the module suitable for applications that have multiple masters.
The ISO1540 uses a silicon dioxide barrier that separates the logic input and output buffers. TI's Capacitive Isolation technology has many advantages over opto-couplers (performance, size, power consumption, etc.). When used together with isolated power supplies, it blocks high voltages, isolates grounds, and prevents interference from noise currents.
Use this Click board for SMBus/PMBus interfaces, open-drain networks, motor control systems, battery management, I2C level shifting, etc. It can be used on 3.3V or 5V systems. A solder jumper allows you to select the power setting (in the 3.3V position by default).
Note: The picture shows the board with through-hole headers. The board now comes populated with male pin headers already soldered for your convenience. The board's user manual has yet to be updated to remove the soldering instructions.
mikroBUS Click Boards Overview Click boards plug directly into a mikroBUS socket. mikroBUS is a specially designed plug-and-play pinout standard. The sockets are found on Clicker boards, the Flip & Click Arduino/Python-compatible board, the Quail board, these mikromedia shields, the Microchip Curiosity board, and development systems from mikroElektronika (V7 systems and later).
You also can connect Click boards to many other popular platforms via these adapters:
- PC — Click USB Adapter (MIKROE-1433)
- Arduino — Arduino UNO click shield (MIKROE-1581) or Arduino Mega click shield (MIKROE-1900)
- Raspberry Pi — Pi click shield (MIKROE-1512) or Pi 2 click shield (MIKROE-1879)
- BeagleBone Black — BeagleBone click shield (MIKROE-1596) or mikroBUS Cape (MIKROE-1857)
- STM32F3 Discovery — STM32F3 Discovery Shield (MIKROE-1447)
- STM32F4 Discovery — STM32F4 Discovery Shield (MIKROE-1481)
- Stellaris LM4F120 LaunchPad / Tiva TM4C123G LaunchPad — Click BOOSTER PACK (MIKROE-1363)
- Freescale Freedom — FRDM-KL46Z click shield (MIKROE-1795) or FRDM-K64F click shield (MIKROE-1794)
In addition, it is royalty-free to add mikroBUS to your own designs. Visit the mikroBUS Category to see the full line of Click boards.
Bi-Directional I2C Isolator Module Resources