GTS-511E2 fingerprint scanner module On-board STM32F415RG microcontroller Mini-USB connector for operation with PC mikroBUS connector for operation with external microcontroller system via SPI or UART Additional GPIO pins 3.3V power supply
Fingerprint click is for adding biometric security to your design. It carries the GTS-511E2 module, which is the thinnest optical touch fingerprint sensor in the world. The module comprises a CMOS image sensor with a special lens and covering that records real fingerprints while resiting 2D fakes. The click board also carries an STM32 MCU for processing the images and forwarding them to an external MCU or PC (via mini-USB connection).
When using the mikroBUS connection to a target system, the board can communicate with the target microcontroller via either UART (TX, RX) or SPI (CS, SCK, MISO, MOSI) lines. Solder jumpers on the board allow you to select the interface (set up for SPI by default). This board is designed to be used on a 3.3V system only.
Otherwise you can connect the module to a PC using a mini-USB cable (not included).
Note: The picture shows the board with through-hole headers. The board now comes populated with male pin headers already soldered for your convenience (for the mikroBUS connection pins only). The board's user manual has yet to be updated to remove the soldering instructions.
mikroBUS Click Boards Overview Click boards plug directly into a mikroBUS socket. mikroBUS is a specially designed plug-and-play pinout standard. The sockets are found on Clicker boards, the Flip & Click Arduino/Python-compatible board, the Quail board, these mikromedia shields, the Microchip Curiosity board, and development systems from mikroElektronika (V7 systems and later).
You also can connect Click boards to many other popular platforms via these adapters:
- PC — Click USB Adapter (MIKROE-1433)
- Arduino — Arduino UNO click shield (MIKROE-1581) or Arduino Mega click shield (MIKROE-1900)
- Raspberry Pi — Pi click shield (MIKROE-1512) or Pi 2 click shield (MIKROE-1879)
- BeagleBone Black — BeagleBone click shield (MIKROE-1596) or mikroBUS Cape (MIKROE-1857)
- STM32F3 Discovery — STM32F3 Discovery Shield (MIKROE-1447)
- STM32F4 Discovery — STM32F4 Discovery Shield (MIKROE-1481)
- Stellaris LM4F120 LaunchPad / Tiva TM4C123G LaunchPad — Click BOOSTER PACK (MIKROE-1363)
- Freescale Freedom — FRDM-KL46Z click shield (MIKROE-1795) or FRDM-K64F click shield (MIKROE-1794)
In addition, it is royalty-free to add mikroBUS to your own designs. Visit the mikroBUS Category to see the full line of Click boards.
Fingerprint Scanner Module Resources
Optional Recommended Products for this Item